Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Oct 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

17 days in Orlando

Hi, I put together a rough itinerary before I booked the hotels, but now have revamped it and cut out some long trips. We are a family of four (2A +DD17 and DS12).
Plan:
Day 17/7/19 Arrive MCP 16:40, do a small food shop - check into OKW for 10 nights, eat at Olivia's in hotel
Day 2 18/7 MK in morning, mainly Tomorrowland, lunch at Gaston's tavern (yes, I know it's in Fantasyland) back to OKW to chill pm
Day 3 19/7 Bon Voyage breakfast Boardwalk, HS all day, backlot lunch, evening Star Wars Dessert party+fireworks
Day 4 20/7 AK all day. Yak and Yeti for dinner
Day 5 21/7 Discovery Cove. Disney Springs for dinner ?The Edison
Day 6 22/7 Epcot - not decided dining yet as too much choice!
Day 7 23/7 relax day - airboat trip and visit to Celebration town and Kissimmee old town (have Kissimmee resto vouchers)
Day 8 24/7 Ohana at Poly for breakfast. Mk all day - concentrate on areas not done on 1st day. Lunch at Columbia Harbor House. Dinner at BOG if we can get it or Liberty Tree Tavern if we can't. Watch HEA
Day 9 25/7 Blizzard Beach waterpark. Evening at Disney Springs ?The Polite Pig for dinner
Day 10 26/7 AK in am, EPCOT pm - stay for IllumiNations if not seen on 22nd
Day 11 27/7 - Brunch at Trails End, FW. Explore FW resort (boats, bikes, archery) Hoop Dee Doo Revue 1st or 2nd sitting. Move from OKW to Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Day 12 28/7 Morning at Universal, explore WWHP, eat in 3 broomsticks, back to hotel to chill in pm
Day 13 29/7 SeaWorld all day
Day 14 and 15 30-31 July - Universal parks
Day16 1/8 Volcano Bay. Shopping at Millenia Mall and dinner at Cheesecake Factory.
Day 17 2/8 Busch Gardens summer nights til late
Day 18 3/8 IHOP for breakfast, Funspot til 3-4pm ish then MCO for flight home (flight time 19:15)

It looks a very long list written down but we are fortunate enough to have 17 nights and I have tried to put in relaxing days.

What do you think?
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Looks fab to me. Only query from me is day 7. i was pretty disappointed with Celebration and could not find Kissimmee town centre? is there much there?

Edited at 08:15 PM.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son and I travel on the same day as you.

All sounds great (everyone has very different plans), but the one thing that really stands out for me is the 'All day' s in the parks in the July heat and especially in the first few days (day 2 and 3 as you have the days numbered you will still be adjusting to the time difference and will be exhausted around mid afternoon so may need some pool time or a bit of a cool down r&r).

Have a great time!

Edited at 08:18 PM. Reason: to correct the day nmbers
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree with previous poster, you have got a few all day in the parks and then dinner in the same park. I would hate to have to stick around the same park for so long because I have a dinner reservation. My dinners are always booked in a different park than the one I start the day in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Agree about all day parks and ADRs. If you change your minds about staying you’ll get hit for the CX charge. I only ever eat in the parks at lunchtime if I’m leaving immediately afterwards or in the evening at a different park/ resort.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List