Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Oct 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Recent experiences with Fairytale Personal Shopper?

Has anyone used them recently? I emailed ages ago to arrange a grocery delivery and parcel holding service. I thought they would ask me to pay the fee then and there so followed up a few weeks after and they said they would PayPal nearer the time. I got an email about 8 days out asking if I was still interested so I replied saying yes, I was happy to be paypaled, provided a list of groceries and asked again for the address for parcel deliveries. I then received an email during the night telling me they had arrived at the hotel, which was confusing as we aren't there yet!

I replied asking if this was an error and they replied "oops" and that's it. I followed up again earlier today asking if the groceries were ok etc. Now I'm in the position where we get in on Sunday, I don't know if we'll have any groceries delivered, I haven't paid anything and I haven't been able to order anything for delivery as they haven't sent the address even though I've asked for it twice now.

From what I read this is far from the normal service so just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong here. Am I missing something?

Edited at 11:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi
I placed an order with them for a gift basket for friends. I had to chase them and emails would say I'm working on this tomorrow or I'll send a photo tonight but then it didn't arrive. I too read amazing things on the dibb. It got to delivery day and I panicked as communication was not great but it was delivered and a photo after. I think they have gotten to busy and are a victim of their own success sadly

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This was this week
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DVCBT
Earning More Ears

Paypal

I am sorry I am behind in PayPal but we have made every delivery needed.
Tim hasn't been able to answer as emails as fast due to his job but we are trying to keep up. Please contact me directly if you need something.
Thanks,
Beth

Edited at 04:24 AM.
DVCBT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We used Beth and Tim in August. There were a couple of emails they missed while we were going back and forth before we arrived. But ultimately they delivered on everything brilliantly and i would 100% use them again.

I think sometimes it is easy to forget they are a husband and wife doing this in their spare time. They are only human. So in my opinion keep chasing and messaging but dont worry too much if it does take a few goes to get a reply.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kevans
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We used them in July to deliver a gift basket to our Disney Hotel for my daughter. It was amazing, Beth had gone to so much trouble to produce a wonderful basket and our daughter was speechless.
To arrive at your room and find a wonderful gift was very special. I had discussed my requirements with Beth via email and she went out of her way to make it
I would recommend wholeheartedly
kevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Sure this is just a blip - used Beth & Tim multiple times without any issues.

Really can’t speak highly enough about their service or indeed about them as people.

They are currently receiving parcels & doing a bit of shopping on our behalf and communication has been excellent, looking forward to seeing them again at the end of the month.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Gally1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been reading about this haopening a few times now. Me personally if they weren't in good contact and not doing things when told then I'd be telling them not to bother with it at all.

If you start up a business like this you either give 100% or nothing. You can't mess customers around and don't tell lies.

Yes real life gets in the way, but if you can't commit to something and you can't answer a few emails each day then you shouldn't be offering to provide a service you clearly can't so.

It's all well and fine saying they eventually delivered in the day, however causing stress and worry to a customer in the run up to a holiday when it should be excited is unacceptable.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We used Fairytale Personal Shopper in August for a grocery delivery to the Beach Club. I did get a bit concerned a few days before arrival as I had not paid for anything etc., but everything was delivered on time and as agreed. This is the only time we have used them but I would not hesitate to use them again on future trips as I feel we received excellent service.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
I've been reading about this haopening a few times now. Me personally if they weren't in good contact and not doing things when told then I'd be telling them not to bother with it at all.

If you start up a business like this you either give 100% or nothing. You can't mess customers around and don't tell lies.

Yes real life gets in the way, but if you can't commit to something and you can't answer a few emails each day then you shouldn't be offering to provide a service you clearly can't so.

It's all well and fine saying they eventually delivered in the day, however causing stress and worry to a customer in the run up to a holiday when it should be excited is unacceptable.
Not sure i have seen anyone give examples of any lies or not receiving what was promised?

They charge $20. For what they charge vs the service they offer it is a bargain. Sure if they were charging a premium price of $50 or a $100 i think you could be harder on them. But $20?! They took in about 10 parcels for me. Went and purchased stuff for and made 3 gift baskets - beautifully themed and made, did a grocery shop of exactly what i wanted/requested. Delivered it all within 90 mins of me arriving at my hotel. And when they did arrive they were super lovely, helped unload everything and gave loads of helpful disney related advice. All for $20!

And i think you see that in the huge number of happy customers who post. We will be using them next time that is for sure!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List