Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day with lots done shame about your evening meal been rushed though

Joan
We had a great time at AK. Never mind about the dinner. We know not to go back, there's too many places on my list for trying anyway so it's good to rule some out.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fab day! Stupidly we have never taken advantage of AK EMH when we have stayed at AKL, but you have really convinced me to so this next year so thank you! 😀
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
What a fab day! Stupidly we have never taken advantage of AK EMH when we have stayed at AKL, but you have really convinced me to so this next year so thank you! 😀
We did more EMH this holiday than we've done altogether in ALL our previous hols! There are some that were great like AK and then there were some that were probably not worth it for us. I don't know if the early opening in Pandora was a regular thing or not but I honestly couldn't believe that we were not even into emh and we'd done the navi river journey. It was surreal waiting for emh to start before going into dinoland having already got Pandora under our belts!

If you do go for the emh next trip I hope it works out well for you.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Wow what a fantastic morning. You nailed those rides , totally worth the early start.
The food looks really well themed , shame the blue cocktail disappointed but hey the one before looked lush... lol or is that the person with it . Tee Hee . Go you girl on the prinks before 12. Awesome. ( not a typo, I have just learned prinks is a thing from my 18 year old, what rock have I been under ?)

Anyhoo. After a fab morning, great character meets a bit of a downer about the two shows being cancelled/ not as good as expected ( the UP one .. is that any good?) but great to have some pool time.

Oh dear at ‘Ohana. Meals that are rushed or deadly slow are the pits. Very unsatisfying. Especially there where you want to enjoy all the different meats at your leisure. Sorry it was a bit pants ... and a crappy journey back. What a shame after such a great day for it to be less than perfect at the end !

Oh my Lord another EMH the next day. I’m knackered just thinking about it. How have you not had a lie in mutiny on your hands yet ?
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Wow what a fantastic morning. You nailed those rides , totally worth the early start.
The food looks really well themed , shame the blue cocktail disappointed but hey the one before looked lush... lol or is that the person with it . Tee Hee . Go you girl on the prinks before 12. Awesome. ( not a typo, I have just learned prinks is a thing from my 18 year old, what rock have I been under ?)

Anyhoo. After a fab morning, great character meets a bit of a downer about the two shows being cancelled/ not as good as expected ( the UP one .. is that any good?) but great to have some pool time.

Oh dear at ‘Ohana. Meals that are rushed or deadly slow are the pits. Very unsatisfying. Especially there where you want to enjoy all the different meats at your leisure. Sorry it was a bit pants ... and a crappy journey back. What a shame after such a great day for it to be less than perfect at the end !

Oh my Lord another EMH the next day. I’m knackered just thinking about it. How have you not had a lie in mutiny on your hands yet ?
I have never heard the term prinks, I will have to look it up in the urban dictionary! I figured we'd been up for several hours and that for people who would ordinarily get up at 9am on a holiday it would be reasonable to expect a drink around lunch time...Well as you know I'm not sure who these late risers are, but they are not us, so we just brought the time forward, Hey I've just thought, perhaps we were still on UK time? It's 5 hours ahead over here so that would have made it gone 4pm, oh I wish I'd thought of that before.

The Up show was a bit Meh. So for us once and done. The lion king however is my favourite show at wdw. I could happily watch it every time we go to AK. We did fit it in later in the trip.

Oh and I promise I let them have a proper lie in soon, well until 8am and that's really pretty good.

Old 14 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Prinks = pre drinks.
Sort of drink appetisers

Also the verb prinking , as in partaking of liquid refreshment prior to an event

Big in student land ... basically seems to me to be all about turning up at someone’s gaffe to get trollied before they go out.

But I shall be prinking a plenty on my upcoming jollies for sure !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Prinks = pre drinks.
Sort of drink appetisers

Also the verb prinking , as in partaking of liquid refreshment prior to an event

Big in student land ... basically seems to me to be all about turning up at someone’s gaffe to get trollied before they go out.

But I shall be prinking a plenty on my upcoming jollies for sure !
I love it I think it's a brilliant term...prink away!

Old 15 Nov 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Like you, we found the food tasty, just the speed of it all, when we were told how many bookings they had that night we knew why. If they reduced the cost to reflect this, then it would be fine, but I wouldn’t spend £200 on a meal in the uk that i’d be in and out within 20 minutes. Like you, it’s ticked off the list now and lots of other places to try😋.
I missed the early cocktail reference, but it’s never too early on holiday. Funny how you can have a drink at 11am on holiday, but feel sick at the thought of it at home at that time of day.
Every time I’ve been i’ve Wanted to make use of extra magic hours, but always fail
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We always choose those seats too we were also the first depot of the resort so generally managed to get them ok they keep your bum lovely and warm.

I can believe just how empty the park is, we spoke to an american couple that had got to AK for rope drop and said that it was like a stampede trying to get to Pandora!

I'm glad you gave Everest another go, it's a fab ride. I'd have loved to have met Pocahontas, we didn't really meet many characters in AK, wish we'd spent more time looking for them

No need to justify the time of the cocktails, your on holiday so any times goes right?

That ice story haha I can just imagine it, it's great when you have those unstoppable laughing moments, they're priceless.

How odd they cancelled the show like that, I wonder what happened? It's a fab show and I can see why you really enjoy it.

I agree with you on the dreamwalker sangria I really didn't think much to it. FOP is amazing isn't it, we pretty much did the same, made sure we had one FP for it each time we were there Lovely photos in Pandora.

That tree! we didn't see any in AK but seen them in Disney Springs, it really freaked Noah out bless him. They have some serious talent, staying still, walking on those stilts and knowing the right time to come out of hiding lol.

It's a shame about O'Hana especially as you enjoyed the food xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Like you, we found the food tasty, just the speed of it all, when we were told how many bookings they had that night we knew why. If they reduced the cost to reflect this, then it would be fine, but I wouldn’t spend £200 on a meal in the uk that i’d be in and out within 20 minutes. Like you, it’s ticked off the list now and lots of other places to try😋.
I missed the early cocktail reference, but it’s never too early on holiday. Funny how you can have a drink at 11am on holiday, but feel sick at the thought of it at home at that time of day.
Every time I’ve been i’ve Wanted to make use of extra magic hours, but always fail
I am now definitely a convert to EMH and we will be doing some again next time. I think that in the 2nd half of the holdiay I tended to avoid them as I knew we wouldn't fancy the early starts as much. But at the beginning when you're so excited to be there it's easy to get up and get out quickly.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
We always choose those seats too we were also the first depot of the resort so generally managed to get them ok they keep your bum lovely and warm.

I can believe just how empty the park is, we spoke to an american couple that had got to AK for rope drop and said that it was like a stampede trying to get to Pandora!

I'm glad you gave Everest another go, it's a fab ride. I'd have loved to have met Pocahontas, we didn't really meet many characters in AK, wish we'd spent more time looking for them

No need to justify the time of the cocktails, your on holiday so any times goes right?

That ice story haha I can just imagine it, it's great when you have those unstoppable laughing moments, they're priceless.

How odd they cancelled the show like that, I wonder what happened? It's a fab show and I can see why you really enjoy it.

I agree with you on the dreamwalker sangria I really didn't think much to it. FOP is amazing isn't it, we pretty much did the same, made sure we had one FP for it each time we were there Lovely photos in Pandora.

That tree! we didn't see any in AK but seen them in Disney Springs, it really freaked Noah out bless him. They have some serious talent, staying still, walking on those stilts and knowing the right time to come out of hiding lol.

It's a shame about O'Hana especially as you enjoyed the food xx
You gotta have a warm butt! We always made sure we glared at people who sat in our seats, hopefully they got the message and knew not to sit there again!

Pocahontas is down a side shoot just before you enter Dinoland, she's basically behind some toilets! I'm not sure many people knew she was there.

The ice was funny, every time I think of it I smile. It certainly seemed like I was jumping of fright all day long, not only butterflies but moving trees as well.

The Dreamwalker sangria just tasted a bit odd to me, but it was a good colour, I had to have it just for the report! The things I will do for the dibb! Ha ha who am I kidding, it's not like I need an excuse for a cocktail and you all know that already.

FOP was totally worthy of the multiple FP, we all really loved it.