Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Nov 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I bet the Travel Lodge breakfast worked out cheaper than McDonalds, their prices are going up all the time.

Don't worry about the snack boxes not being used, they look great and I'm sure you had fun putting them together, I suppose they are just something extra to lug around though.

Do you think you would pre-book seats in future so you could all be together?

So cute that Noah was being the seatbelt police, I love a rule follower.

I'd have been mad with Chris in the airport on arrival too, doens't he know that he has to just follow instructions!? His opinions are not necessary, the planner is the one who call the shots.

Caitlin looks like she has had enough on the Magical Express, that is me on travel day too.

Did you ask them if they had another room available at check-in? At CSR last year I had requested Casitas and they put me at the back of the resort, they found us a better room when I asked.

You must have been quite excited on the walk to the food court all by yourself knowing that despite all the stress you were finally there!

You can definitely blame forgetting about swapping the drink for a snack on the stress of travel day, I do love the food courts but they can be quite stressful at times. I'm sure you've spent many moments pondering what you could have had instead of a Twix, that's the kind of crazy thing I do to torture myself. I'd have had a Magic Cookie Bar
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I bet the Travel Lodge breakfast worked out cheaper than McDonalds, their prices are going up all the time.

Don't worry about the snack boxes not being used, they look great and I'm sure you had fun putting them together, I suppose they are just something extra to lug around though.

Do you think you would pre-book seats in future so you could all be together?

So cute that Noah was being the seatbelt police, I love a rule follower.

I'd have been mad with Chris in the airport on arrival too, doens't he know that he has to just follow instructions!? His opinions are not necessary, the planner is the one who call the shots.

Caitlin looks like she has had enough on the Magical Express, that is me on travel day too.

Did you ask them if they had another room available at check-in? At CSR last year I had requested Casitas and they put me at the back of the resort, they found us a better room when I asked.

You must have been quite excited on the walk to the food court all by yourself knowing that despite all the stress you were finally there!

You can definitely blame forgetting about swapping the drink for a snack on the stress of travel day, I do love the food courts but they can be quite stressful at times. I'm sure you've spent many moments pondering what you could have had instead of a Twix, that's the kind of crazy thing I do to torture myself. I'd have had a Magic Cookie Bar
To be honest that's what we said about McDonalds, when we normally go for lunch or tea it costs over £20 so this was a bargain, plus more chance of the kid's eating something other than pancakes

Yeah Mr Grump whinged on the way back about how much space they took up, so I compromised and filled them with the sweets were were bringing back I doubt we'll take them next time but you never know, it was nice to know it was there if the kid's needed them. I think next time I'd try and get more 'healthy' snacks in them though haha.

One of the reasons we didn't pre book is because of requesting the special assistance. The seats on the journey home weren't special assistance even though we'd requested them and they actually turned out to be ok. We have booked seats for May but we will use special assistance for security and boarding as it really helped settle Noah with it not being too crowded, I think next time we would request boarding last though as he got antsy waiting to set off for almost an hour.

I am biased but he is cute ... shame he doesn't always follow rules himself

Not sure about Nik but Chris just doesn't listen ... not sure if it's a male thing or a Chris thing. He soon realised I was right ... as usual

She was shattered but she's too nosey to go to sleep haha, I did expect her and Thomas to fall asleep on the bus though.

I should have done, but honestly I just wanted to get to a room and get into bed. I think next time I would definitely try and request a different room. The CM checking us in was lovely too, not sure if it was an error on her part but even though we opted out of housekeeping and she emailed us the $130 voucher, we ended up having housekeeping the whole time we were there ... Disney Magic or a computer error?

Walking to the food court I done a little excited shake to myself. When I was younger and I used to get excited I used to pull my arms into my body tightly and shake with excitement, it was a bit like that just glad no one was watching.

Yeah I put it down to the first night but we soon made up for it

Thank you for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
To be honest that's what we said about McDonalds, when we normally go for lunch or tea it costs over £20 so this was a bargain, plus more chance of the kid's eating something other than pancakes

Yeah Mr Grump whinged on the way back about how much space they took up, so I compromised and filled them with the sweets were were bringing back I doubt we'll take them next time but you never know, it was nice to know it was there if the kid's needed them. I think next time I'd try and get more 'healthy' snacks in them though haha.

One of the reasons we didn't pre book is because of requesting the special assistance. The seats on the journey home weren't special assistance even though we'd requested them and they actually turned out to be ok. We have booked seats for May but we will use special assistance for security and boarding as it really helped settle Noah with it not being too crowded, I think next time we would request boarding last though as he got antsy waiting to set off for almost an hour.

I am biased but he is cute ... shame he doesn't always follow rules himself

Not sure about Nik but Chris just doesn't listen ... not sure if it's a male thing or a Chris thing. He soon realised I was right ... as usual

She was shattered but she's too nosey to go to sleep haha, I did expect her and Thomas to fall asleep on the bus though.

I should have done, but honestly I just wanted to get to a room and get into bed. I think next time I would definitely try and request a different room. The CM checking us in was lovely too, not sure if it was an error on her part but even though we opted out of housekeeping and she emailed us the $130 voucher, we ended up having housekeeping the whole time we were there ... Disney Magic or a computer error?

Walking to the food court I done a little excited shake to myself. When I was younger and I used to get excited I used to pull my arms into my body tightly and shake with excitement, it was a bit like that just glad no one was watching.

Yeah I put it down to the first night but we soon made up for it

Thank you for reading xx
I did think it was a little odd that Special Assistance didn't automatically mean that you would be seated together, I suppose they are concerned people might abuse the system.

To be fair to him, Nik is quite good at following orders, it's just when he thinks he's entitled to an opinion that he gets on my nerves.

Nice little bonus that you still got mousekeeping, I'm not so concerned about the room being cleaned but I do like fresh towels and the trash emptied every day.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yeah they stated on the phone that they would seat one adult with Noah and the others might be placed a few rows away but they'd try and keep them together. I understand they need them for special assistance but never mind it worked out fine in the end.

you've got Nik well trained ... I need some tips please.

I was the same especially having showers every day, I didn't really fancy phoning for fresh towels every day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Loving how well organised you are with the schedule of the day and those snack packs are awesome.

Looked a nice, quick run through the airport when you landed. Shame about the wrong queue

The matching T-shirts are superb too!
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Loving how well organised you are with the schedule of the day and those snack packs are awesome.

Looked a nice, quick run through the airport when you landed. Shame about the wrong queue

The matching T-shirts are superb too!
I'm a planner, I feel more relaxed having a plan ... Mr Grump would just rock up and wing it ... I'd have palpitations we're like chalk and cheese!

The snack boxes were amazing, just way too big they worked fab to empty the Goofy's candy into on the way home though, there all stored nicely in the cupboard now though.

The kid's love the matching t-shirts, I did to start with then realised I wouldn't be able to lose any of the others ... damn

Thanks for reading xx
Old 22 Nov 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Bargain breakfast.

Travel day sounds like it went as well as it could have done.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Bargain breakfast.

Travel day sounds like it went as well as it could have done.
It did and the kid's did so well considering, thanks for reading xx
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wish I had one of those snackboxes with me today. Pasta with pasta salad is wrong, I used to work with someone who liked pizza and chips and this is as wrong as that! Great start
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Happy to see the hidden disabilities lanyard is easy enough at Manchester. We have only ever experienced glasgows, which btw is amazing. My daughter was treated like a princess. We are flying Thomas Cook. Their Glasgow staff on our plane were so sweet.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List