VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
August 2018 Dixonsontour does Universal Final thoughts

Final Thoughts

Unusually we haven't got anything booked as yet for 2019

I've started a new job last month after 15 years at my old job so a big change for me.

DH is working away a lot of the time and there is no good school holiday time for him to go on holiday, he ended up working this holiday.

I have wondered about doing a girls only onsite Disney trip, we shall see

In an ideal world I'd choose to go to Florida in October. The weather is perfect for us. But Anna unfortunately now only gets 1 week October half term.

We've done end of August twice now and been pleasantly suprised by how quiet the parks have been. MNSSHP starting in August has been a bonus. The weather has been good, especially this year it wasn't unbearably hot. The only slight pain is the afternoon thunder storms closing the pool and rides. Would definitely do late August again.

We always used to fly into MCO. Sometimes direct, usually indirect via Philadelphia or Chicago. I've never paid more than £500 a flight, that's my mental cut off point. We have done Miami flights twice now and would do again for a big enough saving.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and found it helpful

Over the years we have done all sorts of Florida holidays, onsite with ddp or dxddp, onsite at Universal, villa/condo. Sometimes staying at a more budget place, sometime deluxe.

This years holiday was definitely a more budget trip but we still had a fantastic time. It didn't feel like we were scrimping at all.

You don't have to spend an absolute fortune to go to Florida in the school holidays. Even as an experienced Florida visitor I still get a heads up on deals on the dibb.

I've thought about posting what it cost. I hope the figures are helpful as I see so many posts where people are worrying about costs. Some figures are approx, I've tried to add everything but it may not be absolutely spot on.

Flights/car/hotel

3 BA flights Manchester to Miami inc luggage, full size SUV car hire inc insurance and 9 nights Aventura hotel - £1967. Booked September 2017 as a package with BA - paid £300 deposit and balance July 2018.

Food

$968 (£750) for all meals out, tips and supermarket food and drink. We did also spend our free $100 food and drink credit which was a perk for early booking the new hotel.

Tickets

2 x MNSSHP approx $160 (£125) booked online on disney website

Upgrade to Universal Seasonal Annual Pass x 3 done at Guest services inside park August 2017 $15.96 (£12.50)

MNSSHP Dessert party x 2 $180 ( £140) booked online on disney website

Petrol

$140 (£110) approx. I know we paid for 1st tank of fuel when we collected car and 2 refills at $38 each then a top up before airport.

Tolls to and from Miami on Turnpike

$40 (£30) approx

Speed boat trip in Miami

$100 (£78)

Parking Aventura hotel and Bayside market place Miami

Parking was $14 a night at the hotel

$146 approx (£113)

Airport parking Uk

DH booked our usual Terminal 3 parking think it was £70

Shopping

Didn't buy a lot of souvenirs, some sweets to bring home, DD spent a bit in Pink, DH bought some electonic stuff and clothes. Not sure how much overall and more or less things we would have bought in UK anyway.

Total £3400 plus shopping

For 10 nights away on holiday for 3 people in summer school holidays
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, always an interesting read hearing what deals you have found, fingers crossed you have a new countdown soon!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thank you for sharing your trip with us, always an interesting read hearing what deals you have found, fingers crossed you have a new countdown soon!
I hope we will go back in 2019
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Great summary, it's good to know you can do a cheap holiday in the school holidays. I wish I dared to go indirect, but not quite that confident yet I'll be keeping an eye out for the next one xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Great summary, it's good to know you can do a cheap holiday in the school holidays. I wish I dared to go indirect, but not quite that confident yet I'll be keeping an eye out for the next one xx
Thanks for reading and commenting

I don't find indirect into MCO much more hassle than direct as long as flight times are ok.
Old 3 Dec 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you for sharing, a great read and good hints and tips. Just shows it can be achieved without busting the bank.
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
Thank you for sharing, a great read and good hints and tips. Just shows it can be achieved without busting the bank.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Old 3 Dec 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Just caught up with the whole report. Really enjoyed reading along, hope you soon have a new countdown.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Just caught up with the whole report. Really enjoyed reading along, hope you soon have a new countdown.
Thank you. No countdown as yet.
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow, you guys had a great trip and your report was a good read! And for less than £3500 all in, and that REALLY all in, is astonishing!

Looking forward to your 2019 trip report
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List