Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Nov 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Recommendations for New York pass

Hi
Does anyone have any recommendations for any multi attraction pass for New York to see all the top tourist attractions. For a family on a first visit.
Thanks
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i think it depends on what you want to see, the New York pass has lots of things on there and i did the maths and it wasn't going to work out for us. I chose the city pass instead as it was cheaper and had everything we wanted to do on it.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Waveney
Trying for More Ears

During my recent visit to NY, after much research we decided on getting the 5 attraction Explorer pass. We definitely saved money on paying individually for the attractions as this pass cost us £102pp and we used it for TOTR, 9/11 memorial & museum, HOHO bus, Harbor Lights nighttime cruise and The Ride. The Ride alone would have cost in the region of £40-50 on its own! It obviously does depend on what you decide you want to do - price the attractions up individually and then you’ll know if a pass is worth it or not

Edited at 08:42 PM. Reason: Adding information
Waveney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks both. I’m sure a pass will,work out cheaper, it’s finding the right one
We will want to do all the ‘main’ attractions.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We had the explorer pass too for 5 attractions and it cost us £96 each. We used it for the Empire State Building (around $38 pp), the 9/11 memorial & museum (around $24 pp), the Top of the Rock (around $39 pp), Statue cruises ferry to Liberty island and Ellis island (around $18.50 pp) and Ripley’s believe it or not (around $32 pp) so in total it would have cost somewhere around £118 per person, so there is a saving there. With all of the attractions we went to you did need to go up to the ticket desk as though you were buying a ticket and then show your pass (either on your phone or paper) and they’d exchange it for the proper ticket. The best thing was not having to budget in the cost of the attractions though.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
We had the explorer pass too for 5 attractions and it cost us £96 each. We used it for the Empire State Building (around $38 pp), the 9/11 memorial & museum (around $24 pp), the Top of the Rock (around $39 pp), Statue cruises ferry to Liberty island and Ellis island (around $18.50 pp) and Ripley’s believe it or not (around $32 pp) so in total it would have cost somewhere around £118 per person, so there is a saving there. With all of the attractions we went to you did need to go up to the ticket desk as though you were buying a ticket and then show your pass (either on your phone or paper) and they’d exchange it for the proper ticket. The best thing was not having to budget in the cost of the attractions though.
Hope you had a good time.

£96 for 5 attractions sounds good. Which pass was this please. Did you find exchanging the ticket and queues ok with your pass ?
I have been waiting patiently for Black Friday deals and I am sure the Sightseeing Pass is more expensive than it was before !
Thanks.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Look out for The Ride tickets on Black Friday . We paid $30 each and they had an offer and pay $10 each mor to get The Tour .
$80 for 2 for both
Also take a look at groupon we got some good deals on meals. $30 for 2 at Ripleys .we also got a pedicab tour for 2 around Central Park for an hour for $50 , which was nice if its something you would like to do .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Hope you had a good time.

£96 for 5 attractions sounds good. Which pass was this please. Did you find exchanging the ticket and queues ok with your pass ?
I have been waiting patiently for Black Friday deals and I am sure the Sightseeing Pass is more expensive than it was before !
Thanks.
We’ve had an amazing time thank you! We leave today though! and It’s just called the New York explorer pass, I got it from attraction tickets direct. Yeah the queues were fine, the only time we had to queue for a long time was to get into the 9/11 memorial & museum, that was around 30 minutes. It is a really good ticket and you don’t have to pick which attractions you use it for, you just turn up to whichever one and show your pass.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Thanks both. I’m sure a pass will,work out cheaper, it’s finding the right one
We will want to do all the ‘main’ attractions.
I have been looking for months at the passes. Last night I found a code NY20 for Sightseeing Pass. The 12 attraction ticket is $199 and the 6 is $120. Not sure which to get. If we get the 12 one it would cover a couple of meals and the shuttle back to the airport too. I don’t think the attraction prices are actually that bad. I am thinking of the more expensive one also so we can go in to places for a warm !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicky Mouse's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 4
I think we’re going for The 4 attraction Explorer pass it’s on offer online at Costco with £10 off from Monday, usually £74.99
Saratoga Springs 2017
Heron Villa High Grove 2017, 2018, 2023
Nicky Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List