Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile How did you know you were done?

Sorry if this is a rather personal question but how did you know you were done having children?

I have two daughters Everleigh is 3 on New Year’s Day and Marceline (Marcie) is almost 7 months... there are many reasons why we should leave it there.

I mean we are blessed with two healthy girls and we are financially “comfortable” (not loaded but not struggling either)

They are also both very happy little things and never had colic or sleep issues (well apart from Marcie cutting more teeth at the moment) so part of me doesn’t want to tempt fate.

Both were C-sections (Everleigh emergency and Marcie planned) And I’ve been told that any future babies will have to be delivered by C-section now too which is obviously always a risk.

But despite all of the valid reasons why we shouldn’t have another i can’t stop imagining another little one!

I must be absolutely mad (I’m not sleeping much at the moment due to teeth number 5 and 6 coming!)

I just feel so sad that I’ll never experience birth or hold a little newborn (of my own) again!

So head or heart... how did you know?
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerskeet
Proud to wear my Ears

I was always adamant that I was only having 2 children after having come from a big family but I have to say after my 2nd I questioned and questioned whether to have another one or not. I personally decided I would rather stop at 2 children and be comfortable and be able to afford holidays etc than have 3 and struggle. But that's not to say I don't get broody when around babies and reconsider it.

Its a constant battle but no one will be able to answer it only you.

Or a lovely surprise.
Clear Creek 2001. Windsor Hills 2003. I-Drive 2004. Sunset Lakes 2005. Indian Creek 2006. Runaway Beach Club 2007. Rolling Hills 2008. I-Drive 2009. Sunset Lakes 2010. Primrose Drive 2015. Emerald Island 2019.
Gingerskeet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gingerskeet View Post
I was always adamant that I was only having 2 children after having come from a big family but I have to say after my 2nd I questioned and questioned whether to have another one or not. I personally decided I would rather stop at 2 children and be comfortable and be able to afford holidays etc than have 3 and struggle. But that's not to say I don't get broody when around babies and reconsider it.

Its a constant battle but no one will be able to answer it only you.

Or a lovely surprise.
That is exactly my situation! With two we can still have holidays and day trips etc but I think 3 will definitely mean the end of all the nice little “extras”

I was so sure when I first had Marcie that I was done but she’s just growing up so fast 😢
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Clearly this is you and your partners choice.

I think, my own opinion, that with a baby of 7 months it’s too early to make the choice. You should devote your time to enjoying your lovely baby and think about another further down the line.

When the time comes to make a choice I believe you should be deciding if you can afford it, would it compromise to much a lifestyle you already have and if it is the right thing for all of you rather than just you personally.

I was reading some stats the other day and I don’t have the source currently but it suggested the average family in the U.K. now has approx 1.85 children rather than the 2.4 we all talk off. 18% of families have one child and 18% have no children. Statistics do not make up your choice but families seem to be getting smaller for many reasons.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney_chick13 View Post
That is exactly my situation! With two we can still have holidays and day trips etc but I think 3 will definitely mean the end of all the nice little “extras”

I was so sure when I first had Marcie that I was done but she’s just growing up so fast 😢
Personal question ! How old are you and your husband ? I ask purely because our Mum and Dad started their family later than a lot and Mum was nearly 40 when our brother was born - the youngest.

By the time he had his own family, Dad was in his 70’s and died soon after my brother’s third was born. Mum died before she could meet two of her 4 great grandchildren.

I don’t think it has mattered much to my brother, sister and me but our parents didn’t get as much enjoyment for a reasonable time, from their grandchildren.

I’m no use to you because this doesn’t help with a decision !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Clearly this is you and your partners choice.

I think, my own opinion, that with a baby of 7 months it’s too early to make the choice. You should devote your time to enjoying your lovely baby and think about another further down the line.

When the time comes to make a choice I believe you should be deciding if you can afford it, would it compromise to much a lifestyle you already have and if it is the right thing for all of you rather than just you personally.

I was reading some stats the other day and I don’t have the source currently but it suggested the average family in the U.K. now has approx 1.85 children rather than the 2.4 we all talk off. 18% of families have one child and 18% have no children. Statistics do not make up your choice but families seem to be getting smaller for many reasons.
Some good advice! I certainly wouldn’t be having another for at least 2 years (I think our almost 2.5 year age gap is lovely!)

We could afford a third but it would definitely mean the end of our current lifestyle (holidays, meals out, day trips etc) we would definitely have to get better at budgeting lol.
Old 23 Nov 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

for me after the birth of each child it never occured to me this would be my last but when I had my youngest I just got this feeling that my family was complete and that was 20 years ago,so for me I just knew this was the right time to stop
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We popped in to Mothercare yesterday to get a toy (on offer!) for our Grandsons 3rd birthday.

I then can't find my Wife - where is she? Looking at baby clothes

Come on dear you're 57

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Personal question ! How old are you and your husband ? I ask purely because our Mum and Dad started their family later than a lot and Mum was nearly 40 when our brother was born - the youngest.

By the time he had his own family, Dad was in his 70’s and died soon after my brother’s third was born. Mum died before she could meet two of her 4 great grandchildren.

I don’t think it has mattered much to my brother, sister and me but our parents didn’t get as much enjoyment for a reasonable time, from their grandchildren.

I’m no use to you because this doesn’t help with a decision !
I just turned 30 last month and hubby is 35 😊 my dad and hubbys mum will turn 60 within 2 days of each other next year and my mum turned 50 this year so all still quite young! Hubbys dad We don’t have much to do with (which is sad really as he raised hubby and his bro by himself from their teen years!) he has a rather toxic wife who limits his contact with family!
Old 23 Nov 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We popped in to Mothercare yesterday to get a toy (on offer!) for our Grandsons 3rd birthday.

I then can't find my Wife - where is she? Looking at baby clothes

Come on dear your'e 57
Lol Mr Morrow, I fear I will be the same!