Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

GPS app for phone.

Sorry everyone. Have tried doing a search and dont really understand how this all works We need an iphone app to use in Nevada and Arizona as if I am navigating we will never get there! I have read a few posts on here about good apps to use but cant find the threads right now. We will NOT have data while there. Dont even understand how it will work but guess its like a regular sat nav system? Thanks for any help as I am lost!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Just run google maps off line
Old 23 Nov 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Navmii. You download the maps to the phone for free, so don’t need a connection, plus you can add faves etc. It’s perfect, never had a problem with it. I have the UK maps and Florida on my phone.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Or get a payg 3 sim with allnyou can eat data and not worry about it. We ours for a month with no issues
Old 23 Nov 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Or get a payg 3 sim with allnyou can eat data and not worry about it. We ours for a month with no issues
What colin39 said, used that and Google maps. I've also got TomTom installed on my phone and you pay a small amount per month as and when you want to use the service...again, maps are offline and you don't need a data connection.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Have downloaded the Navmii app... thanks for that. Just cant work out how to get the USA on there! I cant get a UK sim as much as I would love to as I now live in Canada. That would solve a lot of issues for me.
Wonder if it would be better if I bought a GPS like Tom Tom?

Edited at 11:11 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Google using google maps off line, its simples
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Google using google maps off line, its simples
Ok thanks. Do I need to download an offline app or just google maps and it will work offline. Sorry if I sound stupid
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Download your maps off Here We Go. It always worked brilliantly when we were in Orlando. And Vietnam too.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

For Android Navigator is good. Google offline maps is ok, but things like personal map saved locations still require a connection.

Navigator allows you to use Google search when on a WiFi network as well so it's really useful and free.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List