Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Nov 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

Question Range Rover Sport

hi peeps we are off on January 17th 2019 to go mouse hunting...just me and 2 grown up kids...now divorced so nobody to look after the bags...LOL...anyway onto my quest...does alamo stock the Range Rover Sport as we would love to have this for our car...and they might think i am James Corden...double lol

Thanks in advance
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had an Audi Q7 in May. Booked the premium elite suv (X3), been coming up at less than full size suv frequently on Alamo brits, got free upgrade. Even before upgrade car should have cost over £3k for 3 weeks so would expect a Range to be very expensive.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I've never seen a Range Rover, but Tom Morrow may be along to comment as he is an expert on Alamo cars.
Old 28 Nov 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have never seen one in the Alamo garage albeit thats not to say they aren't there as the models change by the minute let alone hour or day.

I know Hertz do them as quite a few on here had them this year.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Asked the manager at Alamo miami. They dont stock them. Would love on myself. Can recommend the Jeep Grand Cheroke im in at the moment
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

as am going with VA they throw a car in as you know from Alamo...have paid the gold insurance would you upgrade before you go or go for it on arrival and ask whats available ?
Old 28 Nov 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princemarkie View Post
as am going with VA they throw a car in as you know from Alamo...have paid the gold insurance would you upgrade before you go or go for it on arrival and ask whats available ?
From your terminology do you mean VH as VA is oy an airline that you only book airline tickets through.
If you booked carhire with them Premium SUV Elite is the Catogary you need .
Not to dissimilar on VH just generally more expensive to have booked a car and flight as a package then added on gold insurance.
It's impossible to say if upgrade in UK v desk is more expensive as depends which catogary of car you booked at present as its an ascending scale.
Old 29 Nov 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

yes sorry i meant i have booked with VH
Old 29 Nov 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princemarkie View Post
I do not think Price is an issue with you so in your case I would upgrade with Virgin Before you leave.

If I am wrong and price does matter I would not even take there not so free car by the time you have paid the extra for insurance and then the upgrade you could of booked direct cheaper.

Although you have paid the gold insurance when you upgrade the car your insurance level also goes up, so your price increase will be the upgrade cost plus insurance.

But on to the subject of the Range Rover
Hert do have X4)Range Rover Sport-DREAM CARS (Group X4) XFAR and it is a guaranteed car choice.
approx. 1493.56 GBP for your dates

hertz/rentacar/res...=HZLK#vehicles

Edited at 11:00 AM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
From your terminology do you mean VH as VA is oy an airline that you only book airline tickets through.
If you booked carhire with them Premium SUV Elite is the Catogary you need .
Not to dissimilar on VH just generally more expensive to have booked a car and flight as a package then added on gold insurance.
It's impossible to say if upgrade in UK v desk is more expensive as depends which catogary of car you booked at present as its an ascending scale.
You can book car hire with VA
May 2023 Rosen Int'l

Edited at 09:26 PM.
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List