Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Nov 18, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

we managed Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday then Aquatica on Sunday - water parks were empty - great for the kids. Both closed yesterday and today.

it was 9c tonight at Magic Kingdom - hats, scarves, blankets and all sorts on show. I know i'm Scottish but can't help laughing and thinking they don't even know what cold is.
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs chimp View Post
we managed Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday then Aquatica on Sunday - water parks were empty - great for the kids. Both closed yesterday and today.

it was 9c tonight at Magic Kingdom - hats, scarves, blankets and all sorts on show. I know i'm Scottish but can't help laughing and thinking they don't even know what cold is.
We had shorts and t-shirts on at Busch Gardens on Tuesday and folk were walking about with woolly hats, gloves and big jackets on. Being Scottish certainly helps in this weather lol. 5 minute wait or walk on for every ride 😁
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just got back fom 2 weeks out there, 2 days chilly 28th ish the rest were lovely with a fair few scorchers.☀️ Still my favourite time of yesr to go. Love seeing everything done up fir christmas.
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Dec 2010 was really cold at times wasn’t it? One evening, we had our winter coats, hat, scarf, gloves on, and our boys even had their pjs on under their jeans as well, and we were all freezing - colder than I’ve ever been here in Devon - but equally, two days later we were sat in swimming costumes by the pool. Before going on that trip, I couldn’t get my head around people telling me to pack for all seasons, but after that trip, I knew exactly what they meant! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Only once have I been caught out when we were in Disney waiting for the fireworks, I was getting ready to go in and buy a hoodie in one of the shops, it was strange started of a chilly and then I just thought I am getting seriously cold here.
Weve also gone into Dennys with shorts and a jumper on to find locals with hats and scarfs
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Dec 2010 was really cold at times wasn’t it? One evening, we had our winter coats, hat, scarf, gloves on, and our boys even had their pjs on under their jeans as well, and we were all freezing - colder than I’ve ever been here in Devon - but equally, two days later we were sat in swimming costumes by the pool. Before going on that trip, I couldn’t get my head around people telling me to pack for all seasons, but after that trip, I knew exactly what they meant! 😂
Yep. On Saturday we were running round volcano bay in swimming costumes. Sunday felt like August. Tonight we’re back down to single temps and I am considering copying your boys!

Not a Christmas party tonight but the Christmas jumpers will be on and the gloves and Superdry coats at the ready!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Here now and last night and this morning it was very chilly! Felt like being at home!
Volcano Bay closed today and we’re scheduled to go tomorrow so very much hoping it’s open as staying at Aventura tonight so get a bit of early entry to crack it all out too. Fingers crossed.
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They have closed typhoon lagoon for monday and Tuesday, looking chilly!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Now closed Wednesday (12th) too.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does Discovery Cove get closed when it's cold?
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List