Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Hi
We’ve been able to book seats today.
We booked with VH but with a VH travel agent. They gave us the VA booking reference today and we’ve been able to get on and book seats. The flight time has changed from our original booking time of 10.30am to 9.55am but we haven’t been informed of this, just noticed it on our booking.
We were always on VS75 so maybe that’s made a difference.
Fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon, it’s not good.
Old 29 Nov 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Hi
We’ve been able to book seats today.
We booked with VH but with a VH travel agent. They gave us the VA booking reference today and we’ve been able to get on and book seats. The flight time has changed from our original booking time of 10.30am to 9.55am but we haven’t been informed of this, just noticed it on our booking.
We were always on VS75 so maybe that’s made a difference.
Fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon, it’s not good.
Yes the fact you were already booked onto VS75 is the winner. Those of us booked on VS73 are having to wait till they have merged the flights together.
We also booked instore with VH store but makes no diff.
Had it been the other way round and the morning flight removed then you would not have been able to book seats.
It’s so frustrating this year with Virgin. In the last 5 years the pm flight always there, don’t know what’s different this year.
Unfortunately for us we were also caught up in the overbooking fiasco at beginning of year and had to sort hotel confirmation ourselves after waiting 15 weeks for Virgin to try and sort
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Yes the fact you were already booked onto VS75 is the winner. Those of us booked on VS73 are having to wait till they have merged the flights together.
We also booked instore with VH store but makes no diff.
Had it been the other way round and the morning flight removed then you would not have been able to book seats.
It’s so frustrating this year with Virgin. In the last 5 years the pm flight always there, don’t know what’s different this year.
Unfortunately for us we were also caught up in the overbooking fiasco at beginning of year and had to sort hotel confirmation ourselves after waiting 15 weeks for Virgin to try and sort
Oh that’s just rubbish for you and seems so unfair of both VA and VH. I’m disappointed that it seems the flight back VS76 might be at the earlier time of 5pm too.
Really hope you get some good news soon and can get your seats booked.
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So VS75s *are* able to book. Brilliant. The other half went into the Virgin store this afternoon to see if she could get any more out of them and they assured her that VS73 and VS75 customers cannot book yet until it's decided whether or not they will be merged.

So that was more lies then.

Very disappointed with Virgin so far. I expected a bit of a race to get seats but now it looks like we have no chance of getting anywhere near the bubble!

We're just going to check every day now, but we're also going to return to the store on Saturday and have them explain how nobody can book when Helen here clearly has been able to.

Nothing against you here of course, Helen
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by r2001uk View Post
So VS75s *are* able to book. Brilliant. The other half went into the Virgin store this afternoon to see if she could get any more out of them and they assured her that VS73 and VS75 customers cannot book yet until it's decided whether or not they will be merged.

Very disappointed with Virgin so far. I expected a bit of a race to get seats but now it looks like we have no chance of getting anywhere near the bubble!

We're just going to check every day now, but we're also going to return to the store on Saturday and have them explain how nobody can book when Helen here clearly has been able to.

This is exactly what I found so frustrating. Nothing against people , but they should suspend all seat booking to make it fair. These October changes have been know for a while , and on my other post **Cabbie ** posted this information and the fact that VS 76 is returning earlier. He stated re schedule all October up to 24 th , a few weeks ago, if he found this info then VH aware or should be.
Store staff are really no help , I found that out with the overbooking, they just fob you off.
That’s why all the bubble minus two is sold on my transfer to 75 now. Ok they stopped the booking but only after a lot of selections had taken place.
As a matter of interest, on VA it shows my flight change and confirmed seating , but on manage my booking with VH I’m still on VS 73. Work that out
Keep going to CS and pushing the point. Hopefully a day or two and you’ll be sorted. I would do a screen shot of these conversations to prove what is happening if you go to store.
Let us know
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1107661
Look up the post FRUSTRATING MORNING WITH VH/VA. Read post 23 , that’s where Cabbie posted my info.
Don’t know how to copy link sorry

Shows we amateurs know more than VH Staff

just checked and link works lol

Edited at 09:59 PM.
Old 30 Nov 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Strange. We were merged from afternoon flight into the morning 16th October and VA had our flight ref. However VH still don't and the manage my booking still hasn't been updated with the flight times. VH just make it up though when you query with them. Utter rubbish.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Still no luck at the moment

Edit: Still greyed out despite the countdown saying 330d, 23h, 53m
My whole plane was greyed out for days when I tried to book. There was a issue with the system. I had to book mine over the phone. It was grey for over a week
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

And I was also told at the same time that no one else could book it when I spoke to virgin holidays but I managed to cos I called. Took me 1.5hours like but need to get it sorted.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all, I'll take a look at that thread in a bit. Kinda hesitant right now as it might wind me up even more!

If the changes were valid up to Oct 24th, that might be why I'm still getting nowhere as our departure date is Sat 26th, supposedly a 12:45 departure on VS73.

My return flight is VS76 at 20:15, I guess that's going to change to an earlier slot too? If so, our last day plans are ruined

I'm going to show this thread to the virgin rep tomorrow and call her out. We're constantly checking the site and it just isn't budging, but I might give them a call as Vampiress suggests
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List