Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
By the way, I'm going to have to re-read your DLP trip report as I've been really naughty and booked a 4 day trip for Kate and myself in February half term! Max is away on a school skiing trip so it's just the 2 of us. I booked it just before the free dining ends. So we have the Eurostar, 4 nights in Cheyenne and the full board dining, but I don't really know what that means restaurant wise! So I'm now scouring the DLP area on the Dibb for tips!
Yay! We had a great time. We didn’t have the dining plan so can’t offer much advice there I’m afraid, but the forum is good for getting all the info - what would we do without the Dibb?! How lovely to have an extra little Disney hit!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay! We had a great time. We didn’t have the dining plan so can’t offer much advice there I’m afraid, but the forum is good for getting all the info - what would we do without the Dibb?! How lovely to have an extra little Disney hit!
I'm really excited about it actually! A girls only trip too will al so be different. I'm finding the food options and restaurants at DLP really confusing though...definitely more research needed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab photopass, I'm a little jealous there were no photographers when we went. Guessing they must be seasonal maybe? Or we were just unlucky

You got so many rides done, well done!

Cocktails look lovely shame about the chicken wrap though, I must admit it is very sad looking!

Speed showers, way to go

Glad you managed to get on RnR but it's no fun having to rush is it? The photo on ToT Max is STILL cool as a cucumber ... now that takes skill on that ride haha.

ABC looks lovely and the portion sizes huge, no wonder you couldn't finish them all. I remember reading about the mint incident with Kate in your food report a memory that will stay with you all for life I bet.

Those flights look lovely.

I'm the same with Fantasmic, it's my absolute favourite and the only show that made me

It was a lovely chilled day, which I bet was much needed xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fab photopass, I'm a little jealous there were no photographers when we went. Guessing they must be seasonal maybe? Or we were just unlucky

You got so many rides done, well done!

Cocktails look lovely shame about the chicken wrap though, I must admit it is very sad looking!

Speed showers, way to go

Glad you managed to get on RnR but it's no fun having to rush is it? The photo on ToT Max is STILL cool as a cucumber ... now that takes skill on that ride haha.

ABC looks lovely and the portion sizes huge, no wonder you couldn't finish them all. I remember reading about the mint incident with Kate in your food report a memory that will stay with you all for life I bet.

Those flights look lovely.

I'm the same with Fantasmic, it's my absolute favourite and the only show that made me

It was a lovely chilled day, which I bet was much needed xx
I think there were fewer photopass options at TL this year. We've seen more than this around the park in previous years. I couldn't tell you if it is different at other times of the year as we've only ever been in the summer hols!

The cocktails at the water parks do seem to be pretty good. The wrap was just plain awful though.

Max definitely doesn't like to show he is enjoying himself does he. We rode ToT and RnR so many times this trip...because of the tiering at HS we wanted to do all the Toy Story rides and use a FP so we wouldn't have to fight our way through in EMH so we ended up going a couple of times in the evening after water parks...anyway the spare FP were always used on RnR and ToT.

The food at ABC was pretty good. We like the platters at Columbia harbour house, but never made it there this summer, the battered fish platters at ABC were a good enough substitute.

I'm glad you loved Fantasmic!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Fab day Abby, a bit of a slower pace too which must have been nice. I really like Typhoon Lagoon but the wave pool terrifies me, after one big wave I too got straight back out!
Lovely evening in HS, that Margarita flight looks amazing! I'm so gutted we didn't see Fantasmic when we were last in HS, I chose the rubbish Star Wars fireworks instead that I really regretted as soon as they started!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Fab day Abby, a bit of a slower pace too which must have been nice. I really like Typhoon Lagoon but the wave pool terrifies me, after one big wave I too got straight back out!
Lovely evening in HS, that Margarita flight looks amazing! I'm so gutted we didn't see Fantasmic when we were last in HS, I chose the rubbish Star Wars fireworks instead that I really regretted as soon as they started!
Yes I'm not a big fan of the wave pool, one wave was definitely enough for me, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It was a slower day. I'm glad we took the chance to see fantasmic. I'm not sure I would bother with the FP again though as the seating was right over the far side of the arena so when everyone left we were the last ones out.

Old 18 Dec 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am sorry I have dropped off the face of the earth, I have been caught up in Christmas planning. I hope your own is going well.

I didn’t know that you shouldn’t go to water parks on weekends, obviously it makes complete sense not to, but if we were to go to a water park, it would be at a weekend haha. I couldn’t waste prime park time at one.

Nik will be sick that you didn’t use the toaster, he talks constantly about wanting to stay in a villa so he can toast a bagel. Oddly enough, we (of course) have a toaster at home that has never met a bagel.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Another photo fest and an impressive number of pics from Photopass photographer at the end of the ride in Typhoon Lagoon. We always seem to ready ourselves for a picture to find the photographer has gone on a break.

We love Fantasmic and can't believe your FP ended up in the area described. We tend to avoid the FP option but head for as close to the Fantasmic dining area as possible.

Another busy day too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am sorry I have dropped off the face of the earth, I have been caught up in Christmas planning. I hope your own is going well.

I didn’t know that you shouldn’t go to water parks on weekends, obviously it makes complete sense not to, but if we were to go to a water park, it would be at a weekend haha. I couldn’t waste prime park time at one.

Nik will be sick that you didn’t use the toaster, he talks constantly about wanting to stay in a villa so he can toast a bagel. Oddly enough, we (of course) have a toaster at home that has never met a bagel.
It's been hectic getting everything ready for Christmas, but that is kind of how I like it! I've finished work today, it was a half day, so I decided to have lunch at KFC before doing the food shopping and then I made some mince pies. I'm sure there will be some relaxing too over the next week or so.

Well, you know how much Max and Kate love the water, so we need to make the most of that time too.

There were lots of things I thought would be really useful about the little kitchen area, but with hindsight I should have known we wouldn't be in the hotel room much at all. I know we all say it but it really is just a place for sleeping and showering. I only really sat on the balcony once, that's coming up in day 9...It was another water park day and I was up early again so I sat out there. I'm thinking your idea of the all stars is good plan, much as I'd love to stay at the deluxe resorts it is pointless to spend all that money and then not use the facilities.

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Another photo fest and an impressive number of pics from Photopass photographer at the end of the ride in Typhoon Lagoon. We always seem to ready ourselves for a picture to find the photographer has gone on a break.

We love Fantasmic and can't believe your FP ended up in the area described. We tend to avoid the FP option but head for as close to the Fantasmic dining area as possible.

Another busy day too
Actually, I was disappointed with the photopass at both the water parks. I'm sure there have been more in the past. We hardly spotted and around the parks and while I'm not sure I want to post photos of us all in our swimwear I really love some of those photos as they are far more natural compared to the poses for shots.

I think we will do the same with the fantasmic seating. We've had the dining ticket before and it's a brilliant spot.

Old 8 Jan 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Lovely day .. apart from the downpour. Loving the cocktails, I think the marg flight looked awesome. The portions seem to get bigger and bigger, amazing those were QS meals!
Glad the studios redeeemed itself a little after the poor show yesterday.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List