Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Dec 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Universal Studios Singapore

We have a 5 day stopover in Singapore on our way to Australia next July. Just wondering whether to get a one or two day ticket to Universal Studios? My daughters are aged 17, 15 and 12 and have been to US in Orlando many times but aren’t big fans, still preferring Disney.
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney1sttimers View Post
We have a 5 day stopover in Singapore on our way to Australia next July. Just wondering whether to get a one or two day ticket to Universal Studios? My daughters are aged 17, 15 and 12 and have been to US in Orlando many times but aren’t big fans, still preferring Disney.
We went this year and one day was perfect. It’s quite small compared to Florida and there is not a Harry Potter land. We were there for opening and left about 5pm having done everything we wanted to do. Admittedly we aren’t big ride fans so didn’t do them but kids rode the puss in boots coaster 3 times in the first hour when it was still quiet. We also prefer Disney but it was a good day out.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I did a mini trippie on our time in Singapore if you’re interested

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1098094
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Universal Singapore is a really small park, and 1 day should be enough. If visiting at peak time (weekends or local school holidays) I'd personally go for a 1 day ticket + express over a 2 day ticket (not sure how the price compares though).

(I live in Singapore and had an AP to Universal Studios for a couple of years, though it's lapsed now and I haven't been for over a year! While I had one though I'd typically pop in for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoons and the wait time for rides like Puss in Boots, Battlestar Galactica, Transformers would be around 45 minutes and up.)
Old 2 Dec 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you both for your replies.

Geordieprincess - just read your mini trippie and have made lots of notes for our trip as a result. Just one question - what is the name of the make your own pancake place?

Sky - I am planning our visit for a Wednesday and/or Thursday in mid July so am hoping it will be quiet enough. Am I right in thinking we can upgrade to express passes on the day if necessary?

Thanks again.
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=Disney1sttimers;13595983]Thank you both for your replies.

Geordieprincess - just read your mini trippie and have made lots of notes for our trip as a result. Just one question - what is the name of the make your own pancake place?

it was Slappy cakes - it's literally right next to the Universal globe so ideal for breakfast before the park!
Old 3 Dec 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Sky - I am planning our visit for a Wednesday and/or Thursday in mid July so am hoping it will be quiet enough. Am I right in thinking we can upgrade to express passes on the day if necessary?

Thanks again.
Hopefully will be OK as schools are in session then (the holidays would be in June and over by the end of June)! That being said I've been before at what should be off peak times (weekday while schools in session) and found crowds due to overseas visitors in the park...

And yes you can buy express passes on the day if necessary, I tried to do this a couple of years back and I think it was $50/person for a one time per ride express, but prices and things might have changed since!

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
it was Slappy cakes - it's literally right next to the Universal globe so ideal for breakfast before the park!
I think I've walked past this many times (on the left of the entrance to Universal?) but never tried it! Might have to try it out sometime...
Old 4 Dec 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

[QUOTE=Geordieprincess;13595994]

Thanks Geordieprincess, dd's love pancakes so Slappy's is now on the list.

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Hopefully will be OK as schools are in session then (the holidays would be in June and over by the end of June)! That being said I've been before at what should be off peak times (weekday while schools in session) and found crowds due to overseas visitors in the park...

And yes you can buy express passes on the day if necessary, I tried to do this a couple of years back and I think it was $50/person for a one time per ride express, but prices and things might have changed since!

I think I've walked past this many times (on the left of the entrance to Universal?) but never tried it! Might have to try it out sometime...
Thanks Sky. As it is the girls first time over that part of the world I'd like them to experience what Singapore has to offer rather than just a theme park so have opted for the one day ticket and will upgrade if necessary.
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Tagging along as we are going to Singapore next year (went about 20 years ago, cant recall that much, Raffles & Harrys Bar :-) ) and have pencilled in a day at Universal as dosnt look too big

initial searches suggest its only about £40 to get in ?

GeordiePrincess - good trip write up, already given us some ideas, cheers
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Tagging along as we are going to Singapore next year (went about 20 years ago, cant recall that much, Raffles & Harrys Bar :-) ) and have pencilled in a day at Universal as dosnt look too big

initial searches suggest its only about £40 to get in ?

GeordiePrincess - good trip write up, already given us some ideas, cheers

I was last in Singapore about 25 years ago so bound to see some changes!

Booked our Universal tickets last night as its part of the girls Xmas reveal - they don't even know they are going to Australia - makes a change from a Florida reveal! One day ticket for 3 adults over 12 and 1 child cost a total of €183, thats euros not sterling though.