Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 3 Dec 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Anyone got a Balsam Hill tree?

We need a new tree and I’ve seen lots that look lovely on Balsam Hill. The one I would like is £290 but I’m aprehensive about spending all that when I can see it first.

Has anyone got one? Or where else can I get a really good artificial tree. Our current tree is now 16 years old and looks dreadful.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have 3 2at home and one here in the villa
They are older and I’m not sure the quality is as good now and I know a couple of dibbers were disappointed with the ones the bought last year
Customer service and returns are dreadful in the Uk
Here’s the villa tree it’s 12years old and a prelit one
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We've got this one - balsamhill/p/vanco...christmas-tree - and this is how it looked in person last Christmas:-

I'd never had a fake tree before, and had no idea fluffing the branches is so labour intensive. I don't think it looks as good as the website, but its nice and this year is its 5th Christmas. I just wish I'd got a taller one, as our room is tall and could carry it - but that's nothing to dow with the tree itself!
Old 3 Dec 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you.

I’ve ordered a 7ft one, looks lovey so I’ll come back and update once I’ve got it.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

I’ve got a 7ft one, 3rd year up this year, love it being pre lit as no lights to fiddle with! Prefer a real one but the underfloor heating was killing them early so bought this for lounge with under carpet heating & have a real one in the dining room.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I bought a slimmer one 3 years ago, and only used it once. The problem for me is I really prefer a real tree, although did see an artificial tree in John Lewis and really liked it. When I went to buy online they were out of stock. I have ended up with another real tree again, just hoping it lasts and doesn't drop by Christmas. I keep being reminded it's because I have the house too warm and kill the trees. Trying to avoid that if I can. B. Hill are a pretty good quality.
macy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well, ordered 9.30 Monday night and today, a massive and heavy box arrived! Had a sneaky peek inside and it looks lovely. Once it’s up I’ll post a picture.
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well, ordered 9.30 Monday night and today, a massive and heavy box arrived! Had a sneaky peek inside and it looks lovely. Once it’s up I’ll post a picture.
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Yes we got this frosted fir 6ft easy plug pre lit last year and love it.
Well worth the money.

Edited at 09:59 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Yes we got this frosted fir 6ft easy plug pre lit last year and love it.
Well worth the money.

Oooooo pretty.

It’s only when I’ve seen the newer modern artificial trees I realise how scabby my 16 year old fake tree looks😂