Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile Question about annual passes

After all my shenanigans last weekend I have actually decided I’d like to get an annual pass but have a few questions

1) would it be better for me and my OH to get one or would it be more cost effective for it just to be me and just get his tickets at reduced prices

2) when can you book hotels with AP if we stop onsite?

3) OR would it be more cost effective to get the top price one so we can use emt as I hear that you can take someone with you as long as you buy them discounted tickets with AP

4) can you only get those discounted tickets from the counters at the parks and not before

5) do you get sent your AP or do you have to go and pick it up at the park? - as we are to straight to the parks people would I be able to get OH a ticket prior to going in to getting my AP

So sorry for all the questions!
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Anyone?
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duckfan
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
After all my shenanigans last weekend I have actually decided I’d like to get an annual pass but have a few questions

1) would it be better for me and my OH to get one or would it be more cost effective for it just to be me and just get his tickets at reduced prices

3) OR would it be more cost effective to get the top price one so we can use emt as I hear that you can take someone with you as long as you buy them discounted tickets with AP

4) can you only get those discounted tickets from the counters at the parks and not before

5) do you get sent your AP or do you have to go and pick it up at the park? - as we are to straight to the parks people would I be able to get OH a ticket prior to going in to getting my AP

So sorry for all the questions!
1) depends how many times you plan to go but I expect you might be best both having one

2) I think it's 6 months

3) both magic plus and infinity allow EMT

4) yes I believe only on the day

5) I bought ours on the phone and were sent paper annual pass vouchers. Those allowed us into the park on day one and come about lunchtime we went to the annual pass place to exchange them
duckfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm also looking at buying an AP - I was going to get a magic plus for me and DD (11) and had looked at just buying discounted tickets for DH but we're planning on being there 5 days so will be just as cheap to buy him his own one.

I'm hoping that our dates work out so that another Dibber can sponsor our APs and that will save 10% too!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We bought for every family member to save the hassle of queueing each day for a privilege ticket (& because we all had them we could do more than one trip!)

At the moment you can book for the validity of your pass or upto April 2020 whichever is sooner!

We went for Magic Plus (the 2nd best one) as we couldn't justify the extra cost for Infinity but you still get magic hours for yourself & your friends if using privilage tickets

Yes only on the day & you need to enter the park together (my daughters friend tried to go in in front of my daughter but her ticket didn't work until my daughter went in first!)

You can order a temporary pass over the phone to exchange in the parks, an activated pass by post (valid from the day of printing) or buy at the parks on your first day.

You can pay in full upfront or depending on which bank you use you can pay by monthly direct debit. The cheapest way is to find a sponsor to meet at the parks as you can save 10 % on the cost of your passes

If you decide to buy on the day you can purchase a privilege ticket for your OH at the same time as your annual pass from gate 12 outside the studios park so you'll only have to queue once
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post

We bought for every family member to save the hassle of queueing each day for a privilege ticket (& because we all had them we could do more than one trip!)

At the moment you can book for the validity of your pass or upto April 2020 whichever is sooner!

We went for Magic Plus (the 2nd best one) as we couldn't justify the extra cost for Infinity but you still get magic hours for yourself & your friends if using privilage tickets

Yes only on the day & you need to enter the park together (my daughters friend tried to go in in front of my daughter but her ticket didn't work until my daughter went in first!)

You can order a temporary pass over the phone to exchange in the parks, an activated pass by post (valid from the day of printing) or buy at the parks on your first day.

You can pay in full upfront or depending on which bank you use you can pay by monthly direct debit. The cheapest way is to find a sponsor to meet at the parks as you can save 10 % on the cost of your passes

If you decide to buy on the day you can purchase a privilege ticket for your OH at the same time as your annual pass from gate 12 outside the studios park so you'll only have to queue once
Thank you so much for that I think we may both end up buying one as we are looking to perhaps go together three times next year for the different season. (Season of the force, the new jungle season and Christmas) and I’m looking at perhaps going solo again once in the summer so will be cost effective to both get one I reckon. One thing you said was dependent on which bank? What did you mean by that? Are there certain banks you can do direct debit with?
Old 6 Dec 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

You're welcome

Some banks don't accept overseas Direct Debits so you just need to check that yours does x
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List