Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Crikey - that's a lot more people than I thought would be working.

Have the best one you can everyone!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fumbo View Post
Crikey - that's a lot more people than I thought would be working.

Have the best one you can everyone!
I think it raises a wry smile from lots of people when the news is full of how Britain shuts down over Christmas and New Year. It's not just essential services but lots of other sectors too.

I noticed my usual 2pm to 11pm shift on NYD has changed to a noon start very quietly. Doesn't bother me as I hate NYE but I can imagine a few will be dismayed... and turn up feeling rather "delicate".
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i'm oncall from the 21st to the 28th... and officially, i'm working xmas eve/boxing day, but i'll be doing it from my aunties house, and only working on stuff that needs doing (we have a changefreeze on, so hopefully nothing will break)

i was going to take xmas off completely, including next week... but i just negotiated that i can carry 10 days over to next year to use for a sneaky trip to florida in march
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I'm oncall xmas eve & boxing day and a couple of days in between xmas/new year but have all new year off which isnt too bad (not that we are doing anything like..)

hopefully wont get called out but its the luck of the draw absolutely dead or all hell will break loose...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm working Xmas eve then new years eve... I'm a community midwife an we have a few hone births on call so hoping they arrive before or after Xmas eve... but I actually like going to people's homes on Xmas eve especially when there are other children all excited!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

My last Xmas in the Energency services after 29/30 years service so to celebrate I am off from 20 th to 4th Jan.
I retire next year on 1st Dec.
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

DH is working Christmas Eve part of Boxing Day and new years eve this year. He always has t work some part of it. I work in education so would love to go away at Christmas but it can never happen. He works in the prison service so for him its just a normal day with no extra cash or days off.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List