Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Dec 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Comeback - 1st September 2018 - Disney Springs, Villa & Longhorn Steakhouse

Day 17

Alarm was set for 6.45 this morning. I was taking Jim to golf as I needed the car to go to Disney Springs a bit later.

We left at about 7 after I literally just chucked some clothes on. We had to get petrol first so stopped at the Sunoco petrol station next to Perkins on the 192 then picked Bill up from the Wyndham hotel. Arrived at Grand Cypress Golf Club at about 7.40. It’s very nice here! Chucked the boys out at the clubhouse then drove straight back to the villa getting back home just after 8.

Got the kids up and we got showered and changed and left for Disney Springs at just after 9.30 to meet Sylvia.
Got parked in my favourite Lime Garage on level 2 then walked over to the Boathouse to meet Sylvia. She was sunning herself on a bench, it was a really lovely day. Just look at that sky!

We wanted to start with Mickeys Pantry so took a slow stroll over.

Just bought Mum some measuring spoons she had requested. These were $9.95.

Days of Christmas was next. They had the nicest ceramic Halloween countdown but they didn’t do a Christmas version which was what I was after. The Christmas one was really tacky and cheap looking which was a real shame. I did buy a 2018 decoration for the princely sum of $19.99 . I’m a real sucker for these though!

Marketplace Coop was next for a look through.
I just love these dresses, I wish I was brave enough to wear one!

They didn’t seem to have the kitchenware that I'm sure they had in last year, it’s been replaced with all Halloween themed bits.
Took a quick look in Arribas Bros. That crystal castle will be mine one day

Went back to Mickey's Pantry to get the Salt and Pepper mills I was umming and aahing over. These were $19.95 each. I also picked up these tea towels for $19.99.

Art of Disney now for the obligatory browse, I could cause some serious Credit Card damage in here!

We now went to Earl of Sandwich to get some lunch to take back to villa. Ordered Hawaiian BBQ for me, Full Montegu for Jim, Earls Club for Sam and Ham & Swiss for Hope. Got $5 off for joining the Earls Club. $28.72 altogether. Sylv got her and Bill one each too.

From here we had a look in World of Disney. They are having a major refurb going on, it will look amazing once done but it’s certainly a lot smaller at the moment with not much homeware. They had no bathroom bits or a calendar that I was after. I asked a CM and she said they would probably be in the Co-op but I really couldn’t be bothered to walk all the way back plus I’m sure I didn’t spot them in there earlier. Did I mention it was hot

Last stop before the kids really started to strop was Haivainas. It was buy 2 pairs get 20% off. I bought a replacement for my USA flag ones and some Navy pattern ones. $47.71 for both.

Finally time for home now, the kids were ecstatic!

The signs for the 192 disappeared so we ended up on the 429 towards Apopka! Had to go all the way to the top end of the 192 by Super Target to go back down to Windsor Hills. Went through a toll too, very annoying . We were back at the villa by 12pm.

The golfers got back at about 1.30 after a good round. Jim won by one point which pleased him greatly
We spent the afternoon just chatting outside by the pool, the kids were in it all day.

I think Hope just dunked her brother under the water

Had our sandwiches for lunch, plus a load of snacky bits we had in the villa. It was really lovely to just chill out and do nothing.
At about 6 I called Longhorn for a call ahead table. They said they could seat us straight away if we got there now so we quickly got changed.

We turned up at 6.30 where we got seated at a high top table right away.
Ordered some drinks then got brought out the yummy honey oat bread. Got given 2 loaves which we didn’t get through so our server gave us a bag to take the second one home.
I went with my usual Flo’s Filet with a loaded Idaho baked potato and broccoli, Jim the T-bone with mash and mushrooms, Hope a cheeseburger and fries, Sam kids sirloin and fries, Bill salmon and mash and Sylvia chicken tenders and mash.

Food was amazing as usual. Our best meal so far in Orlando!
Bill was $129.20 which was really reasonable considering it was for 6 of us. We paid as a 45th wedding anniversary present to Bill and Sylvia. Left $25 cash tip. Our server was really very good.

From here we walked over to TJ Max for a look around. I got a top from Ralph Lauren for $19.99, Jim got 2 Ralph Lauren polo shirts for $34.99 each and 2 Ralph Lauren t-shirts for $16.99 each. $133.25 altogether including tax.

Target was next. They are having a refurb in here so things had been moved around and stock wasn’t great.
Got the kids a bit more stationary for school and Hope got a new phone case. Also some peanut butter M&Ms for my sister.

It was just after 9pm now so back to villa for our usual chill out. The kids went swimming again whilst we watched Pitch Perfect.

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 10:10 PM.
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I have those Mickey hand measuring spoons! I love the salt and peppar pots they are really cute.

A great trip around Disney Springs, it looked really hot today in the photos.

Flo's filet is the best isn't it? I do love a Longhorns steak it's just not the same over here.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I have those Mickey hand measuring spoons! I love the salt and peppar pots they are really cute.

A great trip around Disney Springs, it looked really hot today in the photos.

Flo's filet is the best isn't it? I do love a Longhorns steak it's just not the same over here.
I love my measuring spoons, I use them all the time! Ooh you'll have to add the salt and pepper mills to your list for next year.
It was so hot that day and with Disney Springs being HUGE now its hard work doubling back on yourself!
The only steak I've had that beats Flo's Filet is from Gauchos which costs about 4 times the amount of Longhorns. Its such good value for money its on our must list every time we go!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah nice day, mooching, chilling, longhorns and a few bargains. Pretty perfect I say. Flos Filet, it’s just the best.
Disney Springs looks quiet.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great purchases😀
Cinderella is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah nice day, mooching, chilling, longhorns and a few bargains. Pretty perfect I say. Flos Filet, it’s just the best.
Disney Springs looks quiet.
It was a lovely day. Disney Springs was really quiet which made it much better for mooching around.
It was really nice chilling by the pool for the afternoon, was well needed after Universal the day before!
Flo’s Filet shouldn’t be that good for the price of it!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great purchases😀
Thank you. I can never resist a Disney keepsake even though they’re ridiculously overpriced!

IG - alicialanesmith