Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Dec 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Comeback - 2nd September 2018 - Premium Outlets & Teak Neighbourhood Grill

Day 18

Up at 8 today for our mammoth shopping day at the Premium Outlets International Drive.

Left just after 9 and had arrived by 9.30am. There were plenty of spaces in the free parking part but it is a bit of a walk to the shops. I won’t be forced to pay though! Look how empty the premium parking is?

Started by heading to the food court for breakfast. Got side tracked into the Disney Store as that had already opened.

I bought 2 toothbrush holders which were $4.99 each, Xmas cards for $7.99 and a Splash Mountain frame for $12.99. $32.98 altogether including tax.

Now to Guest Services to get a couple of maps and the Savings Passport. Hope and I plotted our route and shops we were going to hit up!

Went to Subway for something to eat to keep us going. I got a Ham and Swiss toasted.
From here we went our separate ways with Hope and I starting in Under Armour. Came away empty handed.

Nike next where Hope bought some Pros for $26.61

Now into Forever 21, Hope’s favourite! 2 tops and a pair of boots later this lot came to $64.54

PacSun next where Hope bought this top for $18.05. I’m not doing too well so far, but don’t worry this soon changes

Tommy Hilfiger next where I regain my shopping mojo . 2 dresses for $31.49 each, 2 sweaters for $11.24 each, cardigan for $35.99 & this jacket $54. Jumper $24.37 and t-shirt $17.99 for Hope. Altogether this lot came to $231.97. I had a discount code for an extra 25% off with over $250 spent.

Now into Tommy Hilfiger kids to find a present for my niece and nephew. For William I got him a shirt for $20.39 and a jumpsuit for Tilly for $30.59. $54.29 with an extra 15% off voucher code.
Now onto Ugg where I bought some slippers for $53.67 with an extra 10% off.

As if I didn’t have enough hand soaps already Bath and Body Works beckoned me in! I bought another 6 for $3.50 each & a candle for $12.95. $28.93 with an extra 20% off.
Victoria’s Secret for Hope for her favourite body spray but they had run out of the one she wanted. It was complete chaos in there so soon retreated.
Ralph Lauren was up next. I bought a sweater for $41.99, a shirt for $28 and a t-shirt for Hope for $23.62. I used the 30% off code again.

American Eagle next where I bought some super comfy joggers for $42.55.

Our last stop was North Face but surprisingly nothing was bought in here!
We were now well and truly done in. It was about 1.45pm when we made our way back to the car to meet the boys.

We decided to have a big lunch so it could only be one place whilst we were up this end of International Drive, Teak Neighbourhood Grill. I’ve read so many great reviews on this place I needed to try it for myself.
Took about 15 mins to get there. It really is tucked out of the way in a nice local area.

We got seated straight away and ordered 4 sodas to start with.
I went with The Pig, Jim the Smoking Gun, Hope the Plain Jane and Sam The Brazilian.
I asked for mine on a brioche bun instead of Pretzel and for no herb mayo. Remember this!
We really liked the feel of in here. The server recognised our accents and was telling us she went to uni in Dundee, Scotland and spent a lot of time around the UK. She was originally from Hawaii. We couldn’t understand why you would leave paradise for the cold .

Our meals took a while but eventually came out. First of all mine came out in a Pretzel bun so asked for it to be changed.
No problem I thought. It then came out smothered in herb mayo . You must understand I HATE mayo. Took it back again. Third time lucky! Thankfully it was fine when I eventually got to eat it. Tasted really lovely but I had kind of lost my appetite by the time it had come back to me, plus there was still some mayo on the bottom bun that put me off a bit. The garlic fries though were amazing!

It wouldn’t put me off coming back here as the others really enjoyed theirs, I was just unlucky.

Silly boys

Bill came to $66. Now this is what really annoyed me. The suggested tip not only included tax but was 20, 22 or 25%. It just gets higher and higher! I didn’t expect to get mine completely taken off but I thought they could have maybe comped my drink as it wasn’t like they cooked me a fresh burger so was pretty cold by the time I eventually got to eat it. I know it’s not directly the servers fault it was the kitchen staff but she should have known before bringing it to me, twice
Anyway, Jim left $80 including tip which was more than what I would have done if I had paid!

We now headed back to the villa. Took about 30 minutes, the I4 was stop start for a while but it didn’t add on much time.
Popped into Walmart to get some more drinks and the all important Krispy Kreme’s.
Also got some candy to bring home and the kids got their friends some sweets as presents. $67.63 altogether
Villa time now. Kids got straight into the pool and I started the huge task of packing!

Just from today

After an hour I had made quite a dent so joined the others by the pool.
At about 7 we were a bit peckish but didn’t want to go back out so we pre ordered some food from Buffalo Wild Wings.
I got 10 boneless sweet BBQ, Jim 10 boneless medium, kids both had chicken tenders and fries. Also got some cheese curds.
$46 altogether. Went to pick it up at about 7.30. Took about 20 mins for it to come out, it was mayhem in there!

Got it straight back home. Wings were ok but not that hot, not sure we’ll bother with there again.
Chilled for the rest of the evening watching Step Brothers, a great film!

Edited at 10:18 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a great shopping haul. Shame about the pretzel bun and then loads of mayo...that sounds divine to me! But obviously not what you wanted.

Sad that you were packing your cases.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a great shopping haul. Shame about the pretzel bun and then loads of mayo...that sounds divine to me! But obviously not what you wanted.

Sad that you were packing your cases.
Thank you, we had great fun shopping until we dropped!
I know I couldn't believe it each time it got brought out to me it was wrong, its not that difficult surely! Mayo is just the worst, I know I'm in the minority though
Packing to go home is such a depressing task

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a great shopping trip... shame about your lunch experience though.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

That’s a brill shopping haul , loving the Tommy and Ralph gear.
Shame they messed up your order at Teak, that’s annoying. We’ve still never made it there ! And what the heck with the tips creeping up ...
Ugh, packing, hideous job.
Must admit I was BWW fan but it each time we go, I am less impressed.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a haul!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That's a great shopping trip... shame about your lunch experience though.
We had great fun shopping! It really was a shame as it would have been a 10 out of 10 experience otherwise. They really are lovely burgers

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
That’s a brill shopping haul , loving the Tommy and Ralph gear.
Shame they messed up your order at Teak, that’s annoying. We’ve still never made it there ! And what the heck with the tips creeping up ...
Ugh, packing, hideous job.
Must admit I was BWW fan but it each time we go, I am less impressed.
Like you I always fare well in Tommy, really do love their stuff.
Yes it was annoying really as it’s fairly easy to get right! I think the suggested tips annoyed me more than anything, where will it stop!
Packing to come home is always so depressing but gotta be done!
We have struck BWW off of our list now and replaced it with Panda Express 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
What a haul!
Today was definitely our most successful day shopping!

IG - alicialanesmith