Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Dec 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
OP we’re also affected next April and September by BA’s flight cancellations for our LHR/MAN final leg. Do you mind me asking what flight/routing you’ve opted for I.e. another indirect, or a direct flight and what (if any) additional cost you may have to pay? Were you able to make all changes to your flights online or did you have to call BA? We have flydrives booked so would also (potentially) need to make changes to our car hire. Just trying to work out what alternatives we want before I contact BA.
We also had a cancellation email last night of our last segment.

Haven't had time to look into alternative options yet.

I'd also like to know whether we'll be able to check out alternatives via MMB rather than having to call. I don't want to log on just yet and accept something if there's a direct alternative that might be available by calling instead. Also, as the OP mentioned there might be a chance of altering dates by +/- 3 days which would work out better for us.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I do think you will have to phone in to make any changes and be prepared for a long wait.

I would do a search first to see which options are available to you. Our return from Heathrow to Manchester was also cancelled. I could have cancelled the whole thing if I wanted to. Instead I pushed our return date back by 3 days. The changes were made free of charge.

I also needed to change our car booking, extending by 3 days. I had used Ba for the car but unfortunately had not booked both together so it was not linked so any changes would incur a charge.

I searched for the cars using today's rates with BA and the total, including the extra 3 days was £165 cheaper than the original. When I rang to extend the booking I got them to redo the whole thing, saving me £165 ( minus £25 rebooking fee )
I am very happy with that.

So do your homework first and have a few options to give them. Good luck. 😎

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
I do think you will have to phone in to make any changes and be prepared for a long wait.

I would do a search first to see which options are available to you. Our return from Heathrow to Manchester was also cancelled. I could have cancelled the whole thing if I wanted to. Instead I pushed our return date back by 3 days. The changes were made free of charge.

I also needed to change our car booking, extending by 3 days. I had used Ba for the car but unfortunately had not booked both together so it was not linked so any changes would incur a charge.

I searched for the cars using today's rates with BA and the total, including the extra 3 days was £165 cheaper than the original. When I rang to extend the booking I got them to redo the whole thing, saving me £165 ( minus £25 rebooking fee )
I am very happy with that.

So do your homework first and have a few options to give them. Good luck. 😎
Superb info! Really helpful, thank you for taking the time to post
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP sorry to have hijacked your thread, but thanks to those who’ve posted their experiences. I phoned BA and spoke to a lovely lady from Newcastle who’s sorted us out. It seems that if you’ve lost the LHR/MAN final leg connection there is another flight albeit with a different flight number. At Easter it’s only 5 minutes (earlier) than we’d originally booked, and in August it’s about 1.5 hrs later. Both options easily doable for us happily.
Oh and the lady I spoke to also said that BA’s Sale is “soon” (crosses fingers and hopes hard)!
Good luck everyone who’s having to change plans.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have had the same problem with the Heathrow to Manchester leg of our flight being canc next September. Phoned BA today and we are now flying Man-Phil-Mco, all for less money and car still included. We thought we would have a massive argument trying for this flight but they just rebooked everything. Bonus win and no long drive from Miami upto Orlando!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
We have had the same problem with the Heathrow to Manchester leg of our flight being canc next September. Phoned BA today and we are now flying Man-Phil-Mco, all for less money and car still included. We thought we would have a massive argument trying for this flight but they just rebooked everything. Bonus win and no long drive from Miami upto Orlando!
What route were you originally on, I got an email 2 days ago that our LHR man flight was cancelled but they just put me on the next flight, I was flying mia to LHR to man was this the route you were doing and we did a flydrive
Old 11 Dec 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
What route were you originally on, I got an email 2 days ago that our LHR man flight was cancelled but they just put me on the next flight, I was flying mia to LHR to man was this the route you were doing and we did a flydrive
We were doing the same route as you. Did they automatically put you on the next flight? On the email I got it said to phone them. Maybe give them a call. We didn’t think for a minute that they would change it to those flights, especially as it’s flying with AA. I know they code share but I wasn’t holding out much hope. But I suppose if you don’t ask ...
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
We were doing the same route as you. Did they automatically put you on the next flight? On the email I got it said to phone them. Maybe give them a call. We didn’t think for a minute that they would change it to those flights, especially as it’s flying with AA. I know they code share but I wasn’t holding out much hope. But I suppose if you don’t ask ...
Cheers for this do you mind me asking what dates you were traveling
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Cheers for this do you mind me asking what dates you were traveling
Flying out 19th September returning in 29th.
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
We also had ours cancelled for our LHR- MAN leg on 19/08/19, when I called today I could have changed to any of the MIA flights that day and any LHR flights we wanted, but just booked on one 2 hrs later. We are already there for 3 weeks so don't need to extend the costs any more Did ask if there was any chance of knocking £100 off or some airport food vouchers to cover the extra time in the airport, but to no avail!

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List