Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Dec 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

More photos of Saratoga refurb

Over on DVC News, a lot of photos.

Well, I like it, think it looks great and quite luxurious. Cannot wait to stay when done.

Edited at 05:18 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Looking good, long overdue. I wonder when it will kick off and how many blocks at a time they will do?

If I was the contractor I would want one complete block with fencing around. Maybe one in Congress and one in the Grandstand simultaneously.

Edit. I really don't like the picture on the pull down bed, looks like one of those Kincade ones. Not my scene. Hopefully it's only concept and not reality.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I quite like that painting, presumably of local Saratoga architecture.

Have you noticed how the sofa bed has a sort of Chaise on it at one end, like a big footstool but at the same level? This is also on the bed manufacturer website. That may be quite handy as a child may be able to sleep across that.

Edit- from studying the photos more carefully it would seem that is on the one in the 1 bed only, that has three seats on the sofa, so a seat remains when the sofa bed is down, whereas in the studio it seems to be a 2 seater.

Edited at 12:30 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I quite like that painting, presumably of local Saratoga architecture.

Have you noticed how the sofa bed has a sort of Chaise on it at one end, like a big footstool but at the same level? This is also on the bed manufacturer website. That may be quite handy as a child may be able to sleep across that.

Edit- from studying the photos more carefully it would seem that is on the one in the 1 bed only, that has three seats on the sofa, so a seat remains when the sofa bed is down, whereas in the studio it seems to be a 2 seater.
Yes. It’s difficult to decifer from the photos.
I wonder if the chaise will allow the rooms to sleep an extra guest?
The studios at SSR are similar in size and layout to Boulder Ridge which has the Murphy bed, so there is probably no reason why the studios couldn’t also fit 5 at ssr.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Florida-Sarah View Post
Yes. It’s difficult to decifer from the photos.
I wonder if the chaise will allow the rooms to sleep an extra guest?
The studios at SSR are similar in size and layout to Boulder Ridge which has the Murphy bed, so there is probably no reason why the studios couldn’t also fit 5 at ssr.
I'm expecting them to put the under TV Murphy in the studios- no reason not to. I do wish they'd put one in the 1 beds too.
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm expecting them to put the under TV Murphy in the studios- no reason not to. I do wish they'd put one in the 1 beds too.
they were great for us in the Poly this years, really worked well

sure youngest was only 10, and she couldnt watch the TV in bed, but apart from that it was great

if all studios had them in, we would be very happy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I’m staying here for 1 night next month in a 2 bed. I doubt we’ll be lucky to get a refurbished room though.
They haven’t started it yet, it’s just a couple of test rooms and I think it’s just a studio and 1 bed test room.
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They haven’t started it yet, it’s just a couple of test rooms and I think it’s just a studio and 1 bed test room.
Ah ok! 👍🏼
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Having worked in construction the process of renovation will be very slow to start with and will speed up in the months after they start.

For the first block Disney will be all over the Contractor like a rash, interfering, setting standards and making last minute changes.
Plus they will 'find' things that will slow them down, such as pipes not where the plans say they are, wiring not put in properly back in 2003 etc etc.
Gear that gets delivered will be found to be incorrect and have to be re ordered, and the list goes on and on.

By block 3 they will be into the swing and timeframes will drop dramatically until the whole lot is done.

The slowest part will be stripping the rooms of all furnishings as they are worth money so can't just be ripped out by builders. That way is quick but involves gear being skipped which would be criminal.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Having worked in construction the process of renovation will be very slow to start with and will speed up in the months after they start.

For the first block Disney will be all over the Contractor like a rash, interfering, setting standards and making last minute changes.
Plus they will 'find' things that will slow them down, such as pipes not where the plans say they are, wiring not put in properly back in 2003 etc etc.
Gear that gets delivered will be found to be incorrect and have to be re ordered, and the list goes on and on.

By block 3 they will be into the swing and timeframes will drop dramatically until the whole lot is done.

The slowest part will be stripping the rooms of all furnishings as they are worth money so can't just be ripped out by builders. That way is quick but involves gear being skipped which would be criminal.
Interesting insight.

It looks like they are behind target start date already, with them announcing rooms subject to change. I think they originally announced it would start late this year. Hopefully it won’t be a 6 month +delay like with OKW.

Given it’s twice the size of OKW, I wonder if they’ll even get it done in 2 years?