Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

when i'm short listing i also look for people referring to the trust values.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mr Hunt's 6 C's will be expected and link every example you give to the NMC code of conduct.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Mr Hunt's 6 C's will be expected and link every example you give to the NMC code of conduct.
6 C’s?

Never mind, just googled it. I assume it’s an NHS England thing as I wasn’t aware of it.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:28 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
6 C’s?

Never mind, just googled it. I assume it’s an NHS England thing as I wasn’t aware of it.
Not just England. All hospitals should have made it available to staff and its part of the reason the NMC changed/updated the code a few years back. Its the government's response to the enquiries that happened a few years ago down south. As a practising nurse I like to keep updated on anything Uk based as its all relevent.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Just a little update - I had my interview today and went to pot a little, forgot to sell myself and explain why I'd be a good leader so I'm truly gutted - nerves really did get the better of me and all the preparation I did was useless as I didn't use a lot of it. The only good points were that I talked passionately about service development and the training I intend to put into place in the new year, and the interviewers said that my passion was very evident, however due to the things I didn't say I'm gearing myself up for the worst when I hear back tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their advice x
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
Just a little update - I had my interview today and went to pot a little, forgot to sell myself and explain why I'd be a good leader so I'm truly gutted - nerves really did get the better of me and all the preparation I did was useless as I didn't use a lot of it. The only good points were that I talked passionately about service development and the training I intend to put into place in the new year, and the interviewers said that my passion was very evident, however due to the things I didn't say I'm gearing myself up for the worst when I hear back tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their advice x
Fingers crossed it’s not as bad as you think and your passion for the job has shown above your nerves. X
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
No one ever comes out of an interview thinking they did well. You can never know how you came across to someone else. Fingers crossed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Even if you don’t get the job, you will have learned such a lot from that interview.

Fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Well I didn't get the job, my manager praised me for my interview but also said as I hadn't worked on the other wards I'd now be responsible for but others had, this set me back. She also said my answers weren't full enough and I didn't explain enough.

She said she'd go through with me how to improve and wants to apply for the next post in a few months time, however 1. I'm sure she's said that to everyone and 2. I'm currently 4 months pregnant so won't even be here for that and even if I am I'm sure they wouldn't give me the job when I'm 8/9 months pregnant.

These posts come few and far between and I just feel so disappointed in myself I could have done such a better job. Here's to a day of non stop crying and feeling horrible about myself.

Thanks again for everyone's support it was really appreciated.
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
Well I didn't get the job, my manager praised me for my interview but also said as I hadn't worked on the other wards I'd now be responsible for but others had, this set me back. She also said my answers weren't full enough and I didn't explain enough.

She said she'd go through with me how to improve and wants to apply for the next post in a few months time, however 1. I'm sure she's said that to everyone and 2. I'm currently 4 months pregnant so won't even be here for that and even if I am I'm sure they wouldn't give me the job when I'm 8/9 months pregnant.

These posts come few and far between and I just feel so disappointed in myself I could have done such a better job. Here's to a day of non stop crying and feeling horrible about myself.

Thanks again for everyone's support it was really appreciated.
That’s disappointing but no need to feel bad about yourself. You just need to learn from the experience and use that learning to improve your chances next time.
You also need to remember they cannot use your pregnancy as a reason not to give you the next post.

Trip Report Index