Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I’m guessing by small babies you mean, pre sitting up and interacting? My 9 month old absolutely adored the characters (more so than my four year old who was scared of most of them!) and the music/lights on the rides etc & whilst obv neither of them remember the trip years later, our 9 month old definitely benefited from it at the time, and it always amazed me that after any type of trip, both of my boys developmentally came home having made huge steps forward - all of the different experiences, sights, sounds, do wonders for bringing them on in all areas.
This exactly! I don't think anyone can comment on what a baby will get out of Disney unless they've actually experienced it. Mine have both been at 8/9 months and they loved it. They had so much fun with characters at that age and we have very fond memories of those trips.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We took our daughter for the first time at the end of October. She was 22 months old and had the best time. I've started to do a trip report, link in the signature if interested
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We took ours when they were 18 months and nearly 4. It was fantastic. It still would have been great if they were a bit younger.

If you are planning on going later I don' think there is a minimum age.

If it's a one off I would wait until they were 5/6
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We took our eldest at 3 years. Our youngest was 20 months when he went for the first time. I would have taken them both at younger ages though, I don’t see any downsides, unless perhaps you are only planning to go once.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Both my boys have travelled to Florida and other US states from a young age - 6 months onwards. Obviously didn't get much out of Disney until they were 18 months. Easy when they are babies but you have to take a lot of stuff with you!
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All depends on the child but we took our two when they were three, my fondest memories aren't of the parks at that time but swimming in the warm hotel pools in the evenings with my daughter and then our villas pool years later with our son
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Daughter took 9 month twins in September and had a brilliant time. Loads of photos to show them when they are older. Going again next September.
Any time is magical because even if they don’t remember it you will have some amazing memories.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

My three have had their first trips at 2y4m, 18 months and over his second birthday. 18 months was hard going on the flight. Going over our youngest's second birthday meant we only paid an infant fare but he got his own seat on the return. And under 3 they don't need a park ticket, and eat for free at Disney buffets if you are paying out of pocket.

If you would only go once then older is better, but all of mine have enjoyed it in different ways every time they been
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
Daughter took 9 month twins in September and had a brilliant time. Loads of photos to show them when they are older. Going again next September.
Any time is magical because even if they don’t remember it you will have some amazing memories.
I keep reading this but I always thought when people have children they should put them first before themselves. When I was in WDW in September I saw so many unhappy babies - yelling, screaming and clearly in distress. I felt really sorry for them.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I keep reading this but I always thought when people have children they should put them first before themselves. When I was in WDW in September I saw so many unhappy babies - yelling, screaming and clearly in distress. I felt really sorry for them.
Wow, case of correlation doesn't imply causation much? Do you know why the babies were crying? Was it because their parents were putting their own needs first, or because they are babies and can get very upset at the drop of a hat? Do you know for a fact that the parents weren't doing the best thing for their upset babies?

I had an undiagnosed allergy baby who would often get very upset during or after a feed. She was the same whether we were at home or in the middle of Disney. Should I have stayed in the house until her allergies were diagnosed and under control just to prevent other people hearing her in distress?

Even if the parents were genuinely ignoring their babies, that doesn't mean that every parent does.