Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Dec 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

If you are using it inside, do you use a dehumidifier too, as all the water vapour had to go somewhere?

I ask because Mrs PPM used to use a drying frame I font of a radiator in the spare room, until we started to get damp spores on the roof above it. It was quickly changed to doing it in the garage which is a draughty place with air circulating all the time.

Edited at 11:59 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Where have I been, I didn’t know there was such a thing. I’m intrigued.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

We have one too. Best thing for us with the girls. Uniforms dried before bedtime usually!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We've had one for a while, you can put stuff on it in the evening and its completely dry by the next morning. Couldn't do without one now
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Do they cost much to run? I assume it's less than a tumble dryer?

We are moving house soon and I will be lost without my airing cupboard so just exploring options...

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I got a cheapy aldi one to try and they are surprisingly good though they do work better if you lay things flat rather than over the rails- where the part on the rail dries quickly but the rest takes ages unless you periodically move them. I use it a lot for undies and things that can not be tumble dried and for the lighter weight stuff it usually only takes a couple of hours heavier things take longer but I've even dried jeans on it. I don't think it costs much to run maybe a couple of pence an hour its far cheaper than the tumble dryer
Another bonus is they add to the room heat too.

If you can I would go for one of the bigger ones and get the cover as that def makes them more efficient
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Mobile

Another one who has the lakeland one with the cover and it is fab! Use it for things that cannot go in dryer and nothing shrinks x
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ok lovely people next question, does it fold flat?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I’ll ask again, what do you folks do about all the water that’s evaporated from the clothes? Do you use a dehumidifier, or does it just disperse in your home? I just have a concern where all the water is going.
If you have a condenser tumble dryer, you will know how much water comes out of your clothes, as you empty the container regularly.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes it does I slip mine down the side of Our bookcase when we’re not using it!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List