Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Aug 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Barkers go Westside April 2018 : Day Seven - Hotel Move to Vegas

We really loved the Country Inn & Suites Hotel so was sad to be moving on. We had another really good nights sleep the hotel is really quiet overnight. We started the long drive which did go quickly taking a total of 3 hours 40 minutes. I had asked on the DIBB regarding toilet stops. Its weird because you don't come across services like we have here. It is long stretches of barren landscape with the odd small town or shopping centre along the way. Toilet stops are in gas stations or quick service restaurants. We stopped in Baker for gas & to use the toilet.

Coming out of LA

Getting closer!

A glimpse of the Luxor!

We arrived at the Luxor and unloaded all our bags. There were a lot and we didn't know how far the reception was form the car park. It was quite far. We got into the Luxor and all I remember was craziness! Music playing, slot machines dinging, one lady pulling us to one side to discuss timeshares. We finally got to the reception and all I could think was I hate this already!

Upon checking in they offered us a newer, bigger room which was in the main building not the pyramid. We took the upgrade. I had also hoped there would be a fridge but we found out it was a lot of money each night maybe $20 a night but can't remember. The room was nice, bathroom felt a little dated even though was a newly decorated room.

We got settled them went for a walk along the strip. It was hot and humid and the strip was already fairly busy. It is tiring going up and down the stairs to cross the roads!

We found the strip dirty, busy and a strong smell of weed everywhere which we found out was recently legalised.

We went to eat at Margaritaville as we enjoyed it last time in Universal. I had a chicken sandwich in a g/f bun which was really nice. However during our meal which would only happen in Vegas all of a sudden a particular song comes on a girl comes out and strips to her bikini and starts parading around. Then guys on stilts start dancing and at the end she slides down the volcano into a cocktail glass of water to continue dancing. Once the song finishes everything goes back to normal. I found the whole thing very odd but we did laugh about it. A normal meal in Vegas I guess

We walked to the venetian which we loved. We had recently visited venice so reminisced and got some sorbet.

We walked along to the Bellagio and caught the fountain show which was amazing.

Got back to the hotel room about 10.30pm. We had done 18,000 steps I didn't realise when booking the Luxor just how far it was from the main hotels. As soon as I got into bed I fell asleep
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List