Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 6 Sep 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Travel insurance with Somatamform disorder?

Has anyone got travel insurance with Sommataform disorder my sister in law has this and looking for a travel insurance to cover her for a cruise to norway.
Or anyone have a name of company who will insure under common conditions
Thanks
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

You may find some insurers refer to this condition by other names, i.e. conversion disorder, functional neurological disorder (FND) etc But be sure and check with her doctor before using an alternative name to ensure that this is still accurate for her symptoms. Hope this helps.
Jennywren is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
You may find some insurers refer to this condition by other names, i.e. conversion disorder, functional neurological disorder (FND) etc But be sure and check with her doctor before using an alternative name to ensure that this is still accurate for her symptoms. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply I will tell them they are struggling to get quotes, using the above term Evan when speaking to them on the phone.
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

You may find the website medicaltravelcompared helpful for sourcing quotes.
Jennywren is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

My daughter has this and was originally diagnosed with "Conversion Disorder" by Great Ormond St. The more popular and accurate name is Functional Neurological Disorder though. I can't help with travel insurance though as it was excluded from ours when we lived in the UK. I do know when I spoke to Barclays Insurance they could find CD on their system at least. As Jennywren mentioned she might want to check with her doctor why they have used a more obscure name for her illness.

Our main problem was that she had been hospitalized for it too recently to be covered for it. It wasn't completely excluded so a change in name might help in getting quotes.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Sorry forgot to say the website I gave does have FND in its list of conditions., I didn't check the other names.