Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Sep 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone done the Kennedy space Center early space tour?

We are visiting KSC next summer and as we visited in 2014 we thought we might add on this tour or the Explore tour to see something new. Not sure which one to choose or if any one has done them or has any feedback? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Not sure what tour you mean
We did KSC last year
As I didn't have a car we booked a coach tour there and booke the admission which included the
Lunch with an astronaut session which was really good and informative
Reguarding going around KSC we went round on our own joining the official guides when they were taking groups round
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

If this is the one where you require your passport for ID, we did the this tour in August as my son and husband enjoy all the space travel etc. We previously did the other two tours and enjoyed these however the early space tour, I found quite dry and was bored. My husband and son both said they had preferred the other tours we did in previous years.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Mumtotwo View Post
If this is the one where you require your passport for ID, we did the this tour in August as my son and husband enjoy all the space travel etc. We previously did the other two tours and enjoyed these however the early space tour, I found quite dry and was bored. My husband and son both said they had preferred the other tours we did in previous years.
I thought I was the only one who throught that. Thanks for confirming my thoughts too.

There were highlights, such as seeing the places and blockhouses where the original rockets were launched and seeing the original equipment, the location of the Apollo 1 fire. The thing is, It's a 2-3 hr tour, but only about 40 mins of actual looking at things. The rest is driving around.

'Launching' a rocket was fun and the blockhouse guides were good, but you only got to see inside 2. The rest of the tour is looking at fairly uninteresting things through a bus window, if the guide could be bothered to tell you where to look.

I also think I got the terrible tour guide. Some middle aged woman from Titusville who just kept up a steady stream of waffle, with little or no relevance to what was happening, but a constant stream of stories and anecdotes that were like what you hear when people are talking in their sleep. Awful

I love space and love KSC. The Atlantis and Apollo exhibits and the Hall of Fame are magnificent. I came off this tour so disappointed.
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just wondering what tour you would recommend. Hoping to book one for DH for Xmas and not sure which to pick
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
Just wondering what tour you would recommend. Hoping to book one for DH for Xmas and not sure which to pick
Would this be his and your first trip to KSC ?
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dmurray0
Getting Excited

Following with interest...first KSC trip coming up in June...
dmurray0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

If it is your first trip, some advice would be:

Usually cheaper to get tickets in the UK
Get there for opening, you will spend all day there
Don't book any extra trips. You get a coach trip as part of admission, lasts between 1.5-2hrs and takes you past most of the major sights, such as the Vehicle Assembly Building, Launch Complex, Viewing Section for Pads 39A/B, Eagles nest, drops you at the Saturn V building. Another coach will take you back.
Plan if possible, your day if you want to do IMAX, Meetings with an Astronaut etc.
Plan to spend at least an hour each at the Space Shuttle and at the Saturn V venue you WILL be blown away
Visit the Astronaut Hall of Fame on the left as you enter and take some time in the Rocket Garden next door
Plenty of places to stop, sit down, take a break from the Sun.

I've been 3 times, but I've been interested in Space since boyhood, but last time I entered as it opened at 09.00 and was one of the last to leave just after 6pm and I wanted to stay for longer.