Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Oct 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Selling our points and problems with executing the documents

This is just an “I am feeling sorry for myself thread”. Apologies,

We have two buyers for our two contracts. Great, you might think. Our son lives in Singapore and the documents have to go through four different procedures at four different places, like legal office and US Embassy and an office that looks at it to make sure it is legal! I know that is only three but I cannot remember the fourth one.

Our son get us for work at 5:30am and generally arrives home around 7pm. He has only just started taking a Sunday off work. He really is terribly stressed and I am so worried about him. He is also extremely short tempered.

He is coming to the U.K. sometime during the first half of December where the signing process would be so much more simple but the buyers won’t wait, which I can understand. I have offered to rescind the contracts but apparently they are angry. I can’t help feeling that is a bit unjust as we knew nothing about this when we started. If I had known, we would not have put the points up for sale.

So I have emailed a legal office in Singapore (thank goodness for the internet) asking for an estimate of costs and how long they think the whole procedure will take. Once it is all done, the documents have to come to us so we can sign them and then they can go back to the US. Also it doesn’t help that Singapore is now eight hours ahead of the U.K.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Sorry it's turning out to be such a pain for you. Which resorts are you selling? I'd be tempted to tell the buyers to ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off and relist again with your time scales as a condition.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I agree with Jo. Wait and see how much and how long the process will take going via Singapore and if its too long or too expensive then tell the buyers that you have to wait until your son is in the UK in 6 weeks time. It's really not really fair for the buyers but as a seller you can walk away without penalty (double check your contract just to be sure)

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

that was Bu*ger off btw, I didn't use a really bad word!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree. The points will obviously sell, so relist them with your timeline included. Listings often say something along the lines of “can close on x date” so what you will need is not unusual.
Good luck with the sale!

Edited at 01:16 AM.
Jax1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

which resort are you selling at? I would have no problem waiting if the contract was right, would suit me down to the ground to get past birthdays and christmas before having to pay :-)
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List