Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Nov 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Old Key West 2 bed location

We have 15 nights on a one bed savannah view booked
We are almost at out our 7 month window
We would like to change our last 5 nights. There is myself, DH our DD and her Uni friend
Ideally would like two studios at either the Boradwalk, Beach Club or WL but not sure how likely we are to get those
We have thought about a two bed at OKW but not sure which category to try and book.
Would like to be near Hospitality house but I believe they dont have lifts.
I would be ok on the first floor (american 2nd) but would struggle to climb two floors ( I have MS)
I believe there are lifts in some buildings but would that not be luck if we got those even if I requested them
We have stayed in a studio on the ground floor in the HH category and the balcony was rubbish. Very very overgrown and we couldn't see a thing
JoJoBell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

JoJo maybe change the two studios if necessary for a 1 bed. You will almost then certainly get Boardwalk and VWL, probably BC as well (assuming not over any US holiday) possibly even a value 1 bed at BWV if you go for the 1 bed. You may be OK for studios but definitely more touch and go.

Re lift situation at OKW blocks 62,63 and 64 have lifts best bet would be to do online chat and request a copy at the end saying you have MS and need a lift or max 2nd floor.
I agree ground floors at OKW can be very dark with foliage growing over the balcony etc.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
JoJo maybe change the two studios if necessary for a 1 bed. You will almost then certainly get Boardwalk and VWL, probably BC as well (assuming not over any US holiday) possibly even a value 1 bed at BWV if you go for the 1 bed. You may be OK for studios but definitely more touch and go.

Re lift situation at OKW blocks 62,63 and 64 have lifts best bet would be to do online chat and request a copy at the end saying you have MS and need a lift or max 2nd floor.
I agree ground floors at OKW can be very dark with foliage growing over the balcony etc.
If it was just our DD we would happily have a one bed but with it being her friend as well we really want two bathrooms. Even with the split bathrooms in the one beds it wont work. Thats why we love Kidani one beds... the two bathrooms !

We are thinking that after 10 nights we all might like some extra space !

I will have to ring on Wednesday to see if I can get two studios anyway as I cant do that online so will have a chat with member services
JoJoBell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10

how do you do online chat at OKW? thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
how do you do online chat at OKW? thanks
You do it via DVC member services , not OKW.
Old 4 Nov 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
You do it via DVC member services , not OKW.
Ah, thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List