Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Dec 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Just checked the prices for the Hilton (not really searched, just looked at their site) and there is £100 difference. I need to work out how much a couple of drinks and food would cost us. Love the Radisson but not prepared to be ripped off.
Last year we didn't eat in the Hilton as its Gluten free evening meal choices were non existent, we went around the other side of the airport to the Romper pub and ate there, was a nice start to the holiday and for the 5 of us came to about £60, then drove back to the Hilton for a couple of drinks and all in all was well under £100.

My dates for the Hilton just became available, it was £127 for the family room (sleeps 6) or £140.85 to include breakfast, even though we are in the V room I opted for the breakfast as my kids eat for England and at £13.85 for 5 of us it would be daft not to.

Another to do ticked off the list

Edited at 03:27 PM.
youre-nicked is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We might be doing the Marriott instead at this rate...

The price for an Exec Room has come down to £259.20 but it still seems A LOT of money.

The Marriott offers a King Size bed, free booze in the Exec Lounge between 5 and 7 in the evening and has a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi (me and OH love a jacuzzi). It offers this for £100.

Yes, the Radisson is better located in terms of the Terminal and the train station... but the Marriott offers a free shuttle to the Terminals...

I might (as a last ditch attempt) illuminate the ridiculous price difference between the Radisson and the Marriott and see what they say. HA.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have booked the Crowne Plaza for this year, I just refuse to pay that kind of money for one night!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
This is what I had back...

Thank you for your email enquiry.

We don’t have set rates at the hotel, all prices are based on availability and demand. Generally you will find our prices are higher than other hotels at Manchester Airport and the surrounding due to the service we offer and location being the only hotel direct at Manchester Airport.

On 1st July there are several events happening in the area plus we have a large booking holding which does mean at this point we do have less availability. Unfortunately we would not price match a different hotel. One option as you have stayed before, if you are a Radisson Reward member you can book a members only rate on our website. This offers an up to 15% discount from our selling prices. If you are not a member then it is free to join and you can also do this on our website and book members rate straight away...

Not quite sure how a 'big holding booking' would make prices so expensive from now until July...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
This is what I had back...

Thank you for your email enquiry.

We don’t have set rates at the hotel, all prices are based on availability and demand. Generally you will find our prices are higher than other hotels at Manchester Airport and the surrounding due to the service we offer and location being the only hotel direct at Manchester Airport.

On 1st July there are several events happening in the area plus we have a large booking holding which does mean at this point we do have less availability. Unfortunately we would not price match a different hotel. One option as you have stayed before, if you are a Radisson Reward member you can book a members only rate on our website. This offers an up to 15% discount from our selling prices. If you are not a member then it is free to join and you can also do this on our website and book members rate straight away...

Not quite sure how a 'big holding booking' would make prices so expensive from now until July...
They are a business. If they can charge 150% more and fill their rooms. Then they will. Once a year is the most I use an airport hotel and I will pay more for the convenience of this one. I suppose me and many others hence their ability to charge such high prices.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Quietman
Earning My Ears

We just booked for June 2020 got an exec room for £148.
Quietman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
We just booked for June 2020 got an exec room for £148.
That’s an amazing deal! Very jealous!
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KES'DH
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by rosad76 View Post
We are staying in them Radisson on Friday night before our flight on Saturday. It was £155 for a double room and breakfast. Used Tesco club card points as tripled in value so £30 got us a £90 discount, £65 left to pay. Breakfast buffet includes a free Bloody Mary and prosecco bar.
Thanks for this rosad76. We've just converted £25 of Tesco vouchers into £75 towards a room at the Crowne Plaza at Manchester!
Lake Buena Vista/POFQ 2009
All Star Music 2019
KES'DH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lana Del Love
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I’ve just booked direct using their government rate and got it for £153. This includes breakfast for both of us which I don’t think is too bad.
Plus they emailed me today offering us car parking for the 22 days for £100 so that’s a no brainer for us.
Lana Del Love is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List