Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Nov 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Inferno182
Getting to know the DIBB

Opal Sands, Clearwater

Hello

I'm looking to book this hotel for a couple of nights at the back-end of our holiday next August.

Has anyone stayed here and if so what was your experience like, would you recommend?

Thanks

Craig
Inferno182 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Inferno182 View Post
Hello

I'm looking to book this hotel for a couple of nights at the back-end of our holiday next August.

Has anyone stayed here and if so what was your experience like, would you recommend?

Thanks

Craig
WE stayed there not long after it opened. Lovely hotel with great views of the gulf and beach. Great restaurants nearby. Only issue was the $25 mandatory valet parking charge each day; not sure if this is still the case. I would stay there again.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Inferno182
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
WE stayed there not long after it opened. Lovely hotel with great views of the gulf and beach. Great restaurants nearby. Only issue was the $25 mandatory valet parking charge each day; not sure if this is still the case. I would stay there again.
Yes it appears to still be the case on the mandatory parking, thanks for your feedback
Inferno182 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed there for a night last year - fabulous hotel with fresh cookies in the kitchen on each floor. Paid the parking - wasn’t an issue and they let us keep the car there the following day when we checked out until we were ready to leave - also stored our case too so we didn’t have to carry it around. Would defo stay there again if we went back. We had a family room with 2 double beds
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Inferno182
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Okay great. Sounds good to me
Old 24 Nov 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We have stayed here many time. It’s a wonderful hotel.
Every floor has a guest parlour. You can get bottles of water. Fresh fruit. Cookies. These are all free.
The sand bar does the best cocktails I’ve ever had.
Every afternoon they have some type of musical entertainment.
Very relaxed atmosphere.
Rooms are even better than the photos.
They tend to be very generous with room upgrades... just ask ... you might be surprised with what they give you!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We stayed here for a few days last august. It was out favourite hotel having previously stayed at the SandPearl and the Hilton. We had a room on the top floor. The views were incredible. The parlour on each floor with fruit water and cookies was handy. The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant was fantastic food and service. The only downside I had with the place was you did not get the sun on the pool(apart from the decked grassed area) in the morning as the building shaded it. This may not be a problem for most people. My hubby loves the shade so he stayed at the pool and I just walked down the few steps onto the beach and then returned to the pool when the sun was on the pool.
Our daughter loved watching the manatee from the balcony in the ocean below. Fantastic service from staff too. Great beach hotel

Edited at 09:53 PM.
tinytots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We had two nights booked here at the end of October. We ended up adding an extra night whilst we were there and had a lovely time. Lovely views from all rooms and we were also on the top floor.
The cookies, fruit and water in the pantry was a nice touch... although you've already paid for them obviously.
We would definitely stay again.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List