Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Dec 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Good to know - we never had any such issues with Alamo in 2011, so that gives me confidence for this time round. Last time I think our choices were swayed by the best pricing for a 15-seater which this time we don't need.

Do you know if there's any issue booking two vehicles with Virgin using the miles account? I'm not too worried about whether I get the miles for both rentals but I'm trying to organise as much of this trip for my mates as I can so would ideally like to be able to book it all for them. I'd also be curious whether having multiple drivers per vehicle (and they aren't the same people) changes with the process re: going directly to the aisle to collect. Sorry to bombard you with questions but given how often you travel, you sound like the best person to ask
Old 8 Dec 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OK. There is no need to log into your VA account at all. The Miles get applied later on, they can be entered at online check in stage.

I choose to pay with the VA credit card so get more miles that way as well!

Lots on here have booked 2 vehicles. If you want say the lead driver to be the 2nd driver on the other vehicle etc just pull up to the barrier together and explain to the Guys what you intend. They are well used to it but you need to be nose to tail not on seperate exits!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OK. There is no need to log into your VA account at all. The Miles get applied later on, they can be entered at online check in stage.

I choose to pay with the VA credit card so get more miles that way as well!

Lots on here have booked 2 vehicles. If you want say the lead driver to be the 2nd driver on the other vehicle etc just pull up to the barrier together and explain to the Guys what you intend. They are well used to it but you need to be nose to tail not on seperate exits!
Understood, very helpful thanks!
Old 8 Dec 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
Andy - the secondary drivers would not be related to the primary drivers, would that affect things? Rather surprising at the figures if it's coming via Budget - booking with Budget directly even an economy was £1100 this year!
Budget would charge $65 per additional driver, thats for the duration and paid for locally (subject to tax).

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List