Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Dec 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we did it a couple of years ago, was a decent hour or so but obviously the astronaut isnt sitting at your table but they do have a Q&A session ater they have given their talk

was it worth it ? suppose for the cost of the decent enough food based on theme park prices it was wasnt too bad.. but bare in mind only @500 people have ever been in space to the chance to ask any of them a question is worth it imo

Wendy Lawrence was the astronaut on our day, she was a navy helicopter pilot turned astronaut who iirc flew 4 missions

but i will add as above, Wendy was in the gift shop later in the afternoon for signings/pics and to be honest it wasnt that busy so had more of a chat then than the lunch...
Thanks. I'm waiting to find out which astronaut will be there & then we can decide. I suspect they're all very interesting
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by plastic orange View Post
We dined with an Astronaut about 10 years ago and found it a worthwhile experience. However, our astronaut was Al Worden who was on the Apollo 15 mission (pilot who circumnavigated the moon whilst others were on the moon) and his talk was extremely interesting and he interacted well with the audience. I'm not sure if I'd have been as interested in the later missions. en.wikipedia/wiki/Alfred_Worden.
Meal was ok too,

Pete
Oh I bet hubby would love to meet him. He met Fred Haise this year. I will keep an eye on the diary to see who is there when we are.

However is there, it's so great to meet such inspiring people
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We met Fred Gregory, I bought it for DH's birthday present and he loved it. Food was only ok. I would certainly recommend it for the price.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We did Lunch with an Astronaut during our trip and I'd recommend it to anyone, I found the food to be really nice but I'm a lover of rice and salad. I do know that we had a change in astronaut from advertised though due to illness but the replacement was brilliant even though I knew nothing of her specific missions (had researched the missions of the original thoroughly with questions prepared for him)
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
We met Fred Gregory, I bought it for DH's birthday present and he loved it. Food was only ok. I would certainly recommend it for the price.
Thanks Sue
Old 13 Dec 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_weird_one View Post
We did Lunch with an Astronaut during our trip and I'd recommend it to anyone, I found the food to be really nice but I'm a lover of rice and salad. I do know that we had a change in astronaut from advertised though due to illness but the replacement was brilliant even though I knew nothing of her specific missions (had researched the missions of the original thoroughly with questions prepared for him)
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the replacement. It is good to know who is going to be there & do a bit of research but of course last minutes changes do happen.
Old 13 Dec 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for mentioning that you can find out who is going to be there. I have booked the lunch for my parents and now know who is scheduled that day .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List