Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Dec 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

We live quite near to the Broads and it's a lovely area. Hired our first cruiser back in 1967 and have had many enjoyable holidays on the Broads since. Compared to then the boats these days are akin to floating palaces with almost every mod con (our first boat had gaslights! ). Yes it's an expensive holiday and your enjoyment can be governed by the weather but I find it a really relaxing holiday as long as you keep to the speed limits and don't charge around on full throttle like some of the 'herberts' you see. The yard will take you out and make sure your full aquainted with the controls and in no time you'll be a confident boater. Some boats will be easier to handle than others and these days they can even come equipped with bow thrusters which make the boat even better to handle but generally no boat should be a problem. In our early days we'd hire from Wroxham or Horning or another centre close to an open broad where you had room to get the hang of how the boat handled. When mooring the one thing to remember is to come in against the tide, which can be a bit faster the closer you are to the sea and you will find it easier to control the boat with the throttle. There are so many lovely places and moorings around you'll be spoilt for choice and if you buy a Broads guide beforehand you can plan your stays easily. A week on the Broads (suggest no more initially) will typify the easy and relaxed way of life which is totally East Anglia.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes quick money saving tip for dog owners you can buy a life jacket for a dog for the same price as you can rent one.
On the broads (can't speak for other waterways) lots of nice places to eat allow dogs in.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

This was our family holiday when we were younger. I think I’ve been around 11 times , although I’m not 100%sure. I started going when I was 3 and the last time my brother and I took my mum and dad for a week for their ruby wedding, 12 years ago. We were both married but we just went the 4 of us for old times sake.
It has the very best memories for me. I just loved it.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Thank you all, think we are going to go for it,! have picked out two possible hire boats (well daughter has!) Just waiting for hubby to have his holidays confirmed then will book it!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List