Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I see DIGGERS not DIBBERS but you never know 😊
DH as a personalised plate and had no spacers, he was never pulled. However one night while we were sleeping he had a ticket posted through the door with a fine. We were a little miffed tbf and thought surely police have better things to do with their time during the night!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Just a side note. I make numbers plates for vehicles as part of my job. If I make one with illegal spacing I (the company) can get fined and also the driver. All legal plates have to have details who makes it on the plate. I know you can get around this by buying online. When i'm asked to change the spacing I polity say no. Cool plate though
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
ANPR has not had issues for years now in reading oddly spaced plates. As this is now the case the likelihood of getting pulled has dropped significantly unless you give them some other reason to pull you over.
That’s it, I’m off round to punch my traffic cop mate who told me that it did esp the script types. Never trust a policeman
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
That’s it, I’m off round to punch my traffic cop mate who told me that it did esp the script types. Never trust a policeman
The script is different as can be difficult to read. Ones like this are obvious and couldn't be confused with another as a part from the spacing there are no screws in places to make words etc.
Ours are legal at the moment but yes we used to put legal ones on for the MOT.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Interestingly D188ERS is on 1999 Fiat!
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

As mentioned the spacing, sizes and font are set so as to be easily readable, ANPR does a better job now at reading dodgy ones but it is still an offence to mess with them.

He could probably afford the £100 fine but drivers who are given a ticket are referred to the DVLA with a photo of the plates and if they continue to be a rebel then the DVLA can revoke the registration number so the only place they could display it would be their living room wall
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

The fine would be nothing, be more interesting if they just took it off him, as they can.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List