KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi , you found us then
I did! Thank you
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Hi Kymmie!

Just catching up with this thread. My youngest daughter also has depression and anxiety as well as OCD. She has recently started seeing a new lad and getting out and about. Earlier this week, she said “It’s the first time in a long time that I don’t want to die”. One part of me wanted to whoop for joy, the other wanted to cry at the sadness that is so much a part of her life.
Talking is so vital and it’s great that society is starting to recognise that but we’ve such a long way to go.
Hi!

that's wonderful to hear!
I understand that, shes battling her demons though and that's the best part about it. Unfortunately these demons never go away, but if we keep winning battles they wont get us
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
Hi All!
My name is Kymmie. I suffer from depression, have done for 10 years. and I also suffer from Anxiety.
Just popping into say hi! If anyone needs to talk im here
Hi kymmie, this thread has been so positive and a lovely place to get support and advice, hope you find it as supportive as I do,
Guys i will check in soon, currently sat in doctors surgery with my eldest... Nothing bad she just has a check up and I've tagged along for company lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Hi Kymmie!

Just catching up with this thread. My youngest daughter also has depression and anxiety as well as OCD. She has recently started seeing a new lad and getting out and about. Earlier this week, she said “It’s the first time in a long time that I don’t want to die”. One part of me wanted to whoop for joy, the other wanted to cry at the sadness that is so much a part of her life.
Talking is so vital and it’s great that society is starting to recognise that but we’ve such a long way to go.
Bless your daughter, hope things go well with her guy xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Hi all

It's so great that this thread is still going! When I created it, I thought that it would only get a few replies and look at it!

As for me, I am not doing too well at the moment which sucks. Me and Kirk broke up, I was dumped by a guy I was seeing who I liked a lot, I was put on a Performance Improvement Plan at work (luckily I passed it) and just lot's of other little things. I am also struggling again with the event that triggered my depression and keep having flashbacks, nightmares, panic attacks etc.

I will admit that I have thought about taking my life a few times these last few months but I am taking one day at a time and hoping that I will start to feel more positive soon.
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Hi all

It's so great that this thread is still going! When I created it, I thought that it would only get a few replies and look at it!

As for me, I am not doing too well at the moment which sucks. Me and Kirk broke up, I was dumped by a guy I was seeing who I liked a lot, I was put on a Performance Improvement Plan at work (luckily I passed it) and just lot's of other little things. I am also struggling again with the event that triggered my depression and keep having flashbacks, nightmares, panic attacks etc.

I will admit that I have thought about taking my life a few times these last few months but I am taking one day at a time and hoping that I will start to feel more positive soon.
One day at a time isn't a bad thing and hopefully things are improving , please come back on here and talk to anyone of us guys if you are feeling depressed, private message me anytime, I'm sure others won't mind either... Take care xx
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Pleased this thread is still going.

With recent fairly high profile suicides in the news (Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain) its a reminder of how serious mental health issues are and how important they are continued to be talked about.

I’ve been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks since December. Have been on medication since January. Was doing okay, and then had a really awful week at the end of April where I had 5 panic attacks in 4 days... ended up having another short period of time off work and my GP increased my meds again. Think this dose really suits me and feel like things are falling into place.

Doing so much better on a day to day level. Generally coping with everything, including work, much better. Still having the odd blip where I get overwhelmed or teary but they are just blips and pass quite quickly.

Been getting so much support and I’m so grateful. It really does just take time and a lot of patience sometimes x
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Pleased this thread is still going.

With recent fairly high profile suicides in the news (Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain) its a reminder of how serious mental health issues are and how important they are continued to be talked about.

I’ve been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks since December. Have been on medication since January. Was doing okay, and then had a really awful week at the end of April where I had 5 panic attacks in 4 days... ended up having another short period of time off work and my GP increased my meds again. Think this dose really suits me and feel like things are falling into place.

Doing so much better on a day to day level. Generally coping with everything, including work, much better. Still having the odd blip where I get overwhelmed or teary but they are just blips and pass quite quickly.

Been getting so much support and I’m so grateful. It really does just take time and a lot of patience sometimes x
Hey, glad to see you’re doing so much better, do you find your work anxiety is worse than anything else? Recently I’ve changed jobs (March) and my anxiety about going to work is through the roof, it’s like I’m back at school again, feeling sick, not sleeping, over thinking, I’ve just had a full on breakdown in my living room, hperventing and hysterically crying because I’ve got to go to work in the next few hours. I just dread it so much, the job isn’t that bad either, it can be stressful and challenging but not too much. I work two weekends a month too and I find my anxiety is worse then because I don’t have a two day break to recover from work like I usually do, I just don’t know what to do. I can’t ever feel totally relaxed or happy because I know I’ve got work the day after. My anxiety doesn’t really affect me in many other ways anymore, I don’t tend to go out alone other than for work but I can do it without too much effort. I’m going to make an appointment to see a dr I think. Apologies for the long rant and thank you to anyone who’s had a read, just had to get it all out which is what this thread is great for!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Hi all

Sorry you’re having a tough time of it. The times when you start to wish you ‘weren’t here’ are so awful. Please talk to someone when you feel like that.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Today is #timetotalk day. A day to acknowledge and talk about mental health. One in four people will experience a mental health problem and 9 in 10 say they have faced negative treatment from others as a result. Today, I urge people to talk to someone about mental health. Whether you're dealing with it yourself or know someone who is, reach out. Ask questions. Show support. If you're someone who is struggling then please talk to a family member, a friend, a doctor...anyone. There is no shame in asking for help when you're not okay. Let's get rid of the 'embarrassment' of mental health. My DMs are always open to anyone who needs to talk

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List