Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Jul 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Cheating on Walt Disney World… with TWO wives! - Day 2

Index

Sorry its taken me longer to post the 2nd day. It is definitely a labour of love writing a trip report but I think we are slowly getting into a rhythm of it. I write, James checks it and adds the pics then together we “Edit” and add to the DIBB. A couple who DIBB together stay together, right?

Day 2…

Our alarm went off at 6.30am, James was much quicker at turning this off this time. James got in the shower while I went to turn the air con off. There is a unit in the lounge and it was set on -3,548 degrees. We left our doors ajar just so we could feel some of the effect but it was super chilly in the lounge.

I got back into bed and Alex was still asleep. A slight luxury for me being up before Alex, I'm normally not a morning person – who am I kidding I am never ever a morning person, but I certainly didn’t mind getting up as I was in the Disney bubble.

I heard Yaz’s alarm go off 3 times. How she sleeps through them I will never ever know! I jumped in the shower after James. When I was getting up I saw Yaz head to the bathroom “Morningggg” I said. There was no response. Oooo somebody is tired in the morning.

Alex woke up at 7.20 and we made him some cereal. Unfortunately we forgot to bring the clip on high chair and he was too small to sit at the table. So, with great pleasure Alex stood at the little coffee table to eat his breakfast or “TEA” Alex calls it. Every meal time is Tea – Tea as in dinner, not tea as in a cup of tea. He was eating and playing, maximising his freedom well.

After we were ready we drove to the park, a simple drive and takes about 10 mins. We managed to park in row A5 and was about a third of the way up. We went through security and headed straight to the Studios. Really easy no waiting around for the changing bag….. (remember this).

We quickly walked round to the studios and straight into a queue for the turnstiles, only one person in front and we were through. A very quick walk round to Ratatouille, as we went to park the buggy up and unclip the bag from the handles; SON OF A MARSHMELLOW! GOD DAMN IT! Guess what stupid did. I left the blooming bag at security.

Now if this would have been James’ fault he would have been marching back right there and then, after a good ear full. The bag had my phone, James' wallet, Yaz’s money, everything for Alex, it had all our SNACKS in it too. But as we were standing right outside the ride we might as well have go on. James took it in good grace (I'm sure he is saving that for future ammo and I will be hearing about it when I tell him to pick his dirty socks up.)

So on to the ride we went, I had Alex and picked up two pairs of glasses and we were loaded within 5 mins. Amazing. James said it was trackless, so with that I threw my head over the side of our mouse to have a look and what falls off the top of my head; my sunglasses. OH NO! My £1 Primark sunglasses!

I'm not having a good Friday 13th….. But back to the ride. I thought it was amazing. I love the film and thought it was clever. It did make me feel a bit sea sick, obviously rubbish in my old age (very much considering travel tablets for Florida). The bit where you go under the oven and you can feel the heat, is fab and we all liked the bit with the cork popping. Alex wouldn’t keep his glasses on so no idea what he thought.

We quickly came off the ride, I passed Alex to James and said for them to go on something while I go find the bag. I went from a walk, to a quick walk, to a slow jog, to a ‘oh no its going to be gone’ fast run. I'm so unfit! As I was walking up to the front of the park to go through the turnstile, I was trying to rush and managed to whack my leg so hard on the bar it left a bruise!

The bruise a week later.

First of all I went to the wrong security station, who knew there was two! Then when I got sent to the right one, I went to the first security person I could find and did the universal sign for backpack, which was hold my hands by my shoulders and shout “lost backpack!” He then sent me to another security person and I did the same again. Then he passed me on to what looked like a more senior person, by this point I was getting a bit upset because I thought they were fobbing me off.

This gentleman took me inside the porter cabin next to the security check. He asked me what colour the tag was on the bag, and then he presented it in a clear sack that had been cabled tied. Our bag! Thank the good lord! The man said check it, so I checked the pocket with the wallet and phones. Only one phone? Mine. Not James’? This is not good. Did he even put it in there?

I had to sign a sheet to take the bag, but not leave my name or any contact details, but I was happy to sign my life away. As I walked back to the Studios I rung James’ phone, it was off? Oh no please don’t say it was gone. Then rung Yaz who cleverly kept her phone with her. She said James had his phone and they were waiting by Rock n Roller coaster. Panic over. Who was panicking? Not me.

James said me and Yaz could go on first and he was happy to wait with Alex as they were taking advantage of an empty park and letting him have a run around.

Instagram wall?

We got on the ride and one car zoomed past up and then we were the second car and they were polishing the pull down restraints. Can I not have this done for me every time before I get on a ride?

We got on and pulled down the restraint and I managed to get my arm caught between the bar and side of the car. The cast member watched the whole thing and began to laugh and the started a slow clap which I found hilarious. Jokes on him though I managed to free my arm! I’m sure he thought I was an idiot but after the last hour I was beginning to think the same and he made sure I was in nice and tight! I love this ride and the blast off! "Walk this way" was playing and I was singing it as we zoomed around. Yaz was screaming, I didn’t think she was a screamer so that was funny. I have to say now I absolutely love rollercoasters, I don’t get the need to hold on really tight, so I throw my hands in the air like I just don’t care.

Once we came off we could see Alex and he ran over to me which was very cute. James and Yaz went on together while I played with Alex and put some sun cream on him. I can not recommend Aldi 50+ children’s sun cream enough, it is brilliant for any parents looking. Its £1.49 for 50mls, its not sticky and not even a hint of burning. I’m going to stock up now I’m back.

James said the cast member recognised Yaz on the ride, said hello to him and welcome back to her. That’s cute!

We then went to get some breakfast, we were all hank by this point. We had breakfast tokens which we thought was pastry and a coffee. Well knock me down with a feather, breakfast was awesome. You got to choose from either savoury or sweet. We picked savoury which included a breakfast roll (soft bun with egg omelette, ham, cheese and cream cheese), a pastry (ether croissant or pan au chocolate), a cold drink (orange juice, apple juice or water) and a hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate) If you had paid out of pocket it would have be 12 euros.

We forgot to take a picture (get used to this, sorry) but here's a pic I've found:

This was a winner all round and I had finally got a coffee as I was very disappointed that I couldn’t get the kettle to work this morning. Alex enjoyed his 2nd breakfast of sharing our breakfast roll. Alex loves egg. I loved that the high chairs have cling film over the table part so you know they have been cleaned.

After our tummies were filled, we walked round to Tower of Terror but it wasn’t open yet. People were queuing for the fast passes so James jumped in line while we went to wait for the Backlot Tour.

James managed to get the fast passes just before we entered the Backlot Tour main queue, what perfect timing. We got on the first ride of the day and managed to get on a row all together fab.

I remember riding this with my mum and dad, I absolutely loved it. When we drove round to the first lot of props and there was another tour train right in the way, good start! We then got around to scene where the train stops and the water comes pouring down. Alex did not like this at all. He climbed up me and went across to James. Poor little man, I suppose when you’re a tiny human and you think a petrol tanker is coming towards you, you run like crazy. Also Alex is not a big fan of water.

Yaz managed to capture the moment that Alex decided this ride wasn't for him.

With that dramatic scene out the way the ride continues. To be honest this might not be a popular opinion but I was really disappointed with it. Most of the props didn’t have signage and I felt like you didn’t see anything for ages. It takes up a lot of space and I'm not surprised that it's shutting to make way for the Star Wars and Kingdom of Arendelle expansions

Once we came off it was time for Tower of Terror. Yaz said she would look after Alex and me and James went on. My first time riding this was Florida 2016 and it was my absolute favourite Disney ride. The two of us have never laughed so much, so I was happy that we got to ride it together again. The cast member that seated us in the lift spoke perfect English, I even told her so when we came off. Actually that goes for all cast members, there was no language barrier at all and their English was fabulous. Puts me to shame. Also TOT in Florida is slightly different to Paris. I think the Paris one is slightly better but will probably change my opinion when I go back to Florida.

When we came out the ride we got a parent swap from the cast member and then clocked Yaz and could see she was holding Alex and walking with the pushchair. O no! I asked her if he had been a pickle, she said “No he has been fine, just looked a bit tired and I didn’t know if you wanted him to nap.” Bless her cottons. If I was looking after anyone’s child and they looked tired I would "thank goodness". But she was worried that we wanted to keep him into a routine. Phah! Routine? What is one of them on a holiday?

With that James said I could go on the ride again (yay! ), and I was super excited for Yaz to go on it now. Yaz also went to Florida the year before us and liked it so I wanted to see if she noticed the difference (spoiler: she didn’t!). When we were queuing up ready to get in the lifts there was a couple of cast members standing next to us talking in French. Once they finished talking I turned round and smiled at them. You know when someone doesn’t smile back they just stare at you? I just carried on smiling. This was getting super awkward now, I turned to Yaz while still smiling and said “I am smiling at this man, he is not smiling back.” As she looked round to see what he was doing he said “I am not smiling at you as I do not like you” we laughed, he kept a straight face and said to Yaz “I like your t-shirt it has stitch on it , so fleek” and then turned back to me “I do not like you, your top has Frozen on it” I looked down and from the angle I was looking at I said no its Peter Pan! Then he was gone. So we carried on chatting, Yaz said it is Frozen there are snowflakes. Oh yeah so there is. Whooops my bad. Now I look silly.

The same cast member then loaded us in to the lift, and when he started his speech about keeping arms and legs in etc. he looked at me and said "not you, I do not like you". We both found this absolutely hilarious. I have never had cast member interaction before and I lapped it up, and this is why Tower of Terror will continue to be my favourite ride.

When we found James Alex was asleep. James really enjoys just wondering around soaking up the atmosphere so was in his happy place. With no real plan, we walked round to Toy Story Land. It’s brilliant and I cannot wait see Florida. Do you think we can get K’nex fencing from B&Q I feel like I need round my house?

Of course we found an Insta wall.

We didn’t go on anything here, just soaked up the atmosphere. Cannot wait to bring Alex when he is a bit bigger and he can go on the army men parachutes in practice for when he is big enough for Tower of Terror. While wandering we managed to loop back to Ratatouille, Alex was still asleep and James was happy chilling. Me and Yaz went for the single line as it was only 5 mins. A cast member in front of the entrance said “single?” we both said yes. He said “I’m not interested” haha what a great one liner. Yaz said it wasn’t very Disney, but I found it super funny. We were straight on and sat in different mice but went through the ride together. I did keep an eye out for my sunnies but no luck. I was sitting next to a couple and there really wasn’t a lot of room for the three us. The man next to me was rather tall it was like he was sitting on an economy flight. He had no leg room, me on the other hand. Roomie.

As we come off we saw James sitting in the shade and he said he wanted to go on, so him and Yaz went off to the single rider queue. Alex was just stirring and we had a wander over to shop. I had a quick browse and saw a couple of bits I liked but decided to wait for James to get his approval. Went to the exit to wait for the other two, they were so busy chatting that they went to walk straight past us.

We then walked over to the shop again. We picked up a dinner mat for Alex to go on his little table at home.

I also picked up a cute shopping list magnet for my mum too. I did take a liking to the mickey fruit bowl I wish I had got it now.

anyone seen this in the UK?

As we were walking through the shop Remi walked through. How cute is he , Yaz’s Disney film knowledge is lacking. She said his name was Ratatouille. She has just been on ride TWICE! Where has she been?

After we had purchased the bits we left the shop and it was hot! Super hot in fact, I loved it. I love the heat, I don’t moan about, I just lap it up. “BURN ME GOD! ” Just kidding I was wearing SPF 15. We walked round to crush coaster 60 mins? And no fast passes? Bad times. We then decided to queue up for magic carpets, it was only a 15 minute wait. We parked the buggy up and put Alex into the sling. We all had some crisps in the queue to fill a hole and pass the time. Once we got to the front of the queue Alex and I went in front, and Yaz and James went in the back, and the two of them thinking they are comedians tilted the carpet with the button in their row, laughing away to themselves.

Alex didn’t start to enjoy it until we started to descend, but with each ride it is slowly getting easier and easier. After we found the buggy again we were all starting to feel ravenous, so headed towards Restaurant en Coulisse again. This is one thing I wish we had done a bit of research on by finding quick service places to eat and looked up to see what they serve and find stuff we really wanted to try.

The three of us got the ‘Marvel Spiderman’ burger and chips with a large drink for 16.99 euros and some chicken nuggets which are star shaped.

I know what you're thinking, photo's of food. I do treat you.

Now this holiday is the first time we got Alex anything that resembled a Maccers. We always try and pick the healthier option for him. The chicken nuggets were breaded: where’s the batter!? ! They were slightly dry and Alex preferred the burger anyway and it didn’t bother him in the slightest that the bun was bright red. That’s my boy! Yaz got a chicken burger which looked nice and she said it was okay.

So last night we had downloaded the Lineberty app. This is a virtual queuing app for meeting characters and it’s the only way to meet some. This morning had got in the virtual queue for meeting Mickey or Friend, and when we had finished our lunch it said we had 9 mins to go. We made a slow walk over to Toon Town and then when we got over there the queue time went up to 12 minutes, the time kept jumping and the lowest it ever went to was 7 minutes. We hadn’t got a clue how this worked so I went to talk to the cast member and he said it was because some people hadn’t turned up for their slot then it pushes the time of the people behind. He said that we were more than welcome to wait and pointed to a bench in the shade. We waited for about 10 mins and were all started to get a bit frustrated with the app as it was now saying 17 minutes, blow it! It’s just gone 2pm and the car stunt show was about to start so we headed round. James got a bottle of drink from the cart next to it and got me a twister lolly. 3.50 for a lolly but I loved it, and very refreshing. James had to help me out as it was melting very quickly. Lucky when you’re a mum you carry baby wipes everywhere, everyone knows how handy they are for EVERYTHINGGGG. The show was great, some very talent people. I’m a big fan of cars and Cars the film so loved it and Lightening MQueen was so cool, not that he was on for very long. Alex didn’t like the loud noises but was very happy to cheer along with when everyone was clapping.

After we came out from the show I checked the Lineberty app one more time, “Its your turn!” Finally. So we headed over and it was still Mickey. We showed the cast member the screen of my phone and were shown straight to the queue line with only a few people in front. This was mine and James first character meet, I was a little bit nervous of how to act etc. and it isn’t really James’ thing. We had the best time and it truly was magical. Yaz snapped away and I cannot thank her enough. We got some brilliant pictures. We also bought an photopass picture.

Time for millions of pics of us meeting the main man.

After meeting Mickey it seemed to pick up our spirits. After sitting down for the stunt show I think we were starting to lag but we were buzzing now. We decided we had spent enough time in the Studios and walked over to Disneyland. Alex had a nap on the way and we headed straight over to Buzz, it seemed every time we walked through main street we always headed to the right. We got some fast passes for Buzz, the time until the fast pass window was the same as the queue time so we didn’t see the point in queuing.

We were tooing and froing with the idea of going back to the room to get changed but I couldn’t be bothered with going backwards and forwards. Also with Alex being asleep I knew it would be best to keep him asleep. As soon as we got back to the car and we got him out the pushchair he would have woken up. So at at about 5.15 we had a wander round to the village. We stopped off in the art gallery and got a picture printed off the four of us with Mickey - 16 euro for one pic! If you're looking to get any pics then the photopass for 70 Euro might be a good buy.

I then had a look in the Starbucks in the hope that they had Disneyland Paris ‘you are here' mugs but they didn’t, they only had the France one☹ I got the 4 park ones from Orlando that I actually use and I didn’t want to start collecting them I just wanted the different Disney park ones.

After that we saw Earl of Sandwich, a firm fav in America. I sent James in to see if they had the holiday sandwich while I perched outside with a still sleeping Alex. The Village was empty, but while we were there Cast members were roping off the main walkway. Was a parade about to start? This was exciting.

As James and Yaz came out of EOS with the bad news that there was no Christmas sandwich, Alex had woken up and we got him out of his pushchair. He was very hot and bothered, so a quick change of shorts and t-shirt was in order. He was very happy to have a wander around and adventured into Rainforest café. I followed him while James and Yaz went on their phones. He loved the fish at the entrance to the restaurant. As we came back out, Alex wanted to go back in so James took over. Less than five mins later they came out and James was holding him and Alex looked a bit distressed. Then wanted to sit on my lap, James said that Tracey the tree came to life and frightened him and he was shaking. So would I my boy if a tree started talking to me.

Once tree gate was over more people started to gather by the roped off areas. The parade was the cast of the Wild West Show, and most were riding horses. Cannot wait till Alex is old enough to enjoy it. Not quite ready after Tracey the Tree but it is on the to do list!

We headed to Billy Bobs for dinner and had to queue to check in and trying to wrangle Alex was fun. When we sat down James went off to get Alex something and then James and Yaz went off. The food was very similar to yesterday but it wasn’t as big and there was many more people. I queued up to get a fajita. An English woman in front of me was getting some chicken and picking at it. She turned me and said she was sorry but she was very fussy, you take your time my love I'm a mum of a toddler, I have all day but then another women went round the back where the staff were so she could get to the buffet quicker. Now this is just rude, what makes her more important than the rest of us? The chicken woman didn’t take that long in the end.

I did like the make your own nachos. All of us devoured a couple of plates each and some pud – we were like a pack of wolves that hadn’t been fed! No talking just munching. We came out and all agreed yesterday's food was slightly better. It looked like it was going to rain so we headed over to the Disney store to have a browse. Yaz bought a keyring, I think I prefer the World of Disney store. We decided to call it a day after full bellies and rain starting.

We got back to the cabin about 7.45pm and we chilled. Yaz got her 2nd wind and was playing with Alex. I love the bond them to have and she is very much honouree auntie. Yaz also bought a bottle of wine with her. YES! So we shared that and we just chilled out and planned our day for tomorrow.

We gave Alex another sink bath which again he hated and he went to bed, singing to himself again. It took him about an hour to go off and then around 10pm we all headed to bed ourselves ready for our last full day!

So that’s it Day 2. Done. Smashed it. 20,000 steps later!

Thanks again for reading.

Bec x

Becca

Edited at 08:49 PM.
Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Sounds tons of fun. Just winging it seems to have worked out well. I'm impressed by how much you managed to pack in with a little one in tow.

I can't wait to try the DLP version of TOT. Our dd was 5 when we last went and we didn't even know you could do parent swap

Have enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fabulous day!
However I don’t feel I could eat red burger buns! Lol
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another fab day, you fitted so much in!

The Studio Tour looks fab, this was closed when we were there last January, I'm excited to see this for the first time!

I have downloaded the Lineberty ready for our trip next week but am still quite confused about it... is it only for character meets in Studios? And how early do you need to get in the virtual line to get a spot for some point that day? I'm hoping once we are there all will become clearer as I attempt to use it!

Thanks for sharing, a great read!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I have downloaded the Lineberty ready for our trip next week but am still quite confused about it... is it only for character meets in Studios? And how early do you need to get in the virtual line to get a spot for some point that day? I'm hoping once we are there all will become clearer as I attempt to use it
I think the app activated at 9:45, we'd go on then and get our slot. It tells you a time to come back to see a character, you choose between "Mickey or Friend" or Toy Story or Marvel. It seems that you can return any point after that time and be in a queue of about 5 max. It seems pretty relaxed once your app says it's your turn. That's how it was when we were there, but it was before school holidays so you might need to be a bit more prompt then we were.

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I've downloaded the LineBerty app, thanks for the heads up on some of it's more unique qualities! At least you got to meet Mickey eventually.

Lucky to catch the cowboys riding in for the Wild West show, I love unexpected surprises like that, it's so Disney!

Well done Yaz for packing wine! Great chilled evening in your cabin

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List