Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Oct 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
These would be my suggestions for a few tweaks to your plans:

For the first few days we are starving hungry alot earlier than you might expect. My body clock is telling me to eat breakfast by 6am, lunch by 11am and dinner around 4pm and go to bed at 7pm !

Therefore,
Day 2 make sure your ADR isn't too late in the day, as the kids won't be that interested in eating and could quite easily sleep instead. In fact I would probably have a QS meal in the evening instead.

Day 3 We would struggle to enjoy an evening out 'late' so soon, so would change the HS plans to another day. Which should help you to have an earlier start the next day.

Day 5 Definitely use the tickets for HEA viewing. It's a great opportunity to see the fireworks in relative comfort from outside the park.

In general, I would not pay oop for any TS meals (other than Beaches and Cream) and just use up the credits as I went along. You may end up adjusting your ADR's while you are there and won't have needed to pay oop for anything after all. Because as everyone says, the DDP really is more food than you expect and there are now lot of great QS places to try as well.

Also, I would wait until you have the car before visiting TL, as it's a real pain to use the buses to get there. In fact the water parks are a good option too, to do when at the villa, as they're a chilled out day and easy to drive straight up to with no parking fees.

Try and visit a Disney park every day whist on site, even if it's just popping round to AK for a couple of hours, as it's all right there on your doorstop for 11 days !

Have a fab trip. The GF and Beach Club should have their chocolate easter eggs on display which look impressive.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Thank you, great advice, I will definitely have another look over my plans
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Generally looks ok to me although I would probably want to do a bit more in the second week. We did KSC and airboat on the same day as there is an option nearby.

I was also puzzled about the Walmart trip on first day, why you would need it, why they are desperate to go, I would go when you are in the villa, but each to their own!

I thought your day three looked fine tbh.

I noticed you have two EEH in there, we consider them to be something to avoid at all costs, they are packed and you can’t get FP. EMH on the other hand are worth it.

I would want to go to Saana and / or Jikos if staying at AKL. I always want to try the resort restaurants.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

I like your plan, I would just agree about day 3 being long so early on and also would be a shame to not go back once if you have 14d tickets even though you are offsite and will only pay parking - even if just for an afternoon and one of the night time shows!

You arrive same day as we do, staying in the same place we are and 3 of your days are virtually identical to mine 🤣👍
Bet you’re also as excited as us!

Edited at 08:46 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List