Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Sep 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

The Shady Side of California - Intro

Back from another amazing trip to California so time for another trip report I thought I'd try a slightly different format this year by combining each place into one page rather than day by day. The main reason being that this was the trip that almost didn't happen. After picking up some great priced flights in September, the earliest I have ever booked I went to get a mole checked out that I was not happy with. A few appointments later and a few operations and it turns out I had Skin Cancer, the nice scary spreading type too. Having had so far successful treatments, lots of discussion with the Consultant and our wonderful Macmillan Nurses I was given the go ahead to travel. Doctor orders that holidays and things that make us happy our good for our health as long as I stayed out of the midday high UV levels (I'm an expert on these now). Losing Geoffa off the forum to Cancer did make me doubt myself travelling but Darrin's post a few days later made me decide to make the most of life. So enough of the sad talk and on with the happy times It does means our daily plan would not be most peoples daily plan so a combine report will be most helpful to others I think.

This trip we travelled to San Francisco, Monterey with a side trip to Big Sur and Disneyland. For those that have read our past trip reports you will know that we like to limited down to just a few destinations and we don't hire a car as we neither of us are fans of driving aboard. San Francisco and Monterey were picked as they are notoriously cool and foggy in Summer which is perfect when to need to cover up more! Disney is our happy place so a weeks visit is a must for our family plus we were celebrating 20 years since our WDW wedding so this was a special Disney trip for us

Collection of sun hats purchased; some factor 50 broad spectrum sun lotion packed rather than my usual factor 30, Some expensive travel insurance organised plus a routine check up in July to check things were still doing ok and Californian here we come. So on with the trip...

This is our little family. Me and Hubby, both in our 40's but big kids heart plus our Son who turned 14 on this trip:
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I have been keeping a look out for your latest report so glad to spot it tonight.

I'm sorry to hear about your skin cancer. I'm glad you were able to travel and hope everything goes ok for you going forward.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Thank-you Diane. Everything's do good so far so hopefully it will continue this way. I'm actually starting to love my new pale skin and proud to have come back the same colour as I left.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to reading about your trip. Sorry to hear about your tough news but admire your attitude and thank you for reminding me how important it is to take care in the sun. So hope you’re doing well now & enjoyed yourself.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Started reading posts before I read your intro. Sorry to hear about your skin cancer but glad you were able to travel and enjoy the trip. I think it's really important that people talk about such things, so thank you for that. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List