Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Oct 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

May 2019 plan- first timers at Disney!

Hi all

It's our second trip to Orlando in May 2019 but first time at Disney. I feel pretty confident that I have done enough research, but ADR day is fast approaching so I would like some feedback/validation on my planned itinerary! We have the DDP for the week we are on-site. It's just myself and DH.

I don't mention breakfast most days as we tend to just grab something quick, or have cereal in the room. I'm not a big breakfast eater.

Day 1, Sat 4th May-
Arrive approx. 5pm, staying at PORS for 1 week. Use DME from airport. Plan on a QS dinner at DS

Day 2, Sun 5th May-
Typhoon Lagoon, QS for lunch. I know it sounds weird to do a waterpark on our first day, but last time we did SeaWorld and didn't cope well with the rides when jetlagged! So this time I have promised DH a more relaxing first day. Dinner at Boma around 5.30pm, and a mooch around AKL. Possibly take an Uber to the outlets in the evening.

Day 3, Mon 6th May-
MK. Lunch at BOG around 11.30am. FPs for Splash, Space and Thunder starting around 10am. Dinner at Ohana (and a mooch around the Poly) around 5.30pm, to give us a chance to get back to MK for HEA.

Day 4, Tue 7th May-
HS, FPs at Buzz, TOT and RnR starting around mid morning. Not a huge amount here for us as we hate Star Wars, so probably back to the hotel after lunch for a few hours at the pool. Homecomin at DS for dinner around 5.30pm, then return to HS for Fantasmic

Day 5, Wed 8th May-
AK, the park I am most excited about, but put it a few days in for a better chance of FOP FP. FP at FOP, Everest and not sure of 3rd one- Dinosaur? Start FPs around midday. Lunch at Sat'uli canteen. Dinner at Yak n Yeti around 6pm. Stay for ROL.

Day 6, Thurs 9th May-
Blizzard beach. QS lunch at the park. Cali Grill dinner around 8pm so we can watch the fireworks.

Day 7, Fri 10th May-
Epcot. Lunch around the food stands (Flower and Garden) using snack credits. Not sure about FPs here apart from Test Track! Dinner at Teppan Edo around 6pm. Stay for Illuminations.

Day 8, Sat 11th May-
Check out of PORS and leave bags at the hotel. Head back to AK, FPs at FOP again and probably Everest. When we are done collect bags and Uber to the Rosen Plaza on I-Drive. Dinner on I-Drive obviously not planned out as no ADRs!

Day 9, Sun 12th May-
IHOP for breakfast, then Uber to lake Eola to check out the farmers market and walk round the lake. Possibly go to the Florida Mall in the afternoon. Citywalk in the evening for a mooch and dinner. Maybe also do the Orlando Eye and some mini golf. Keeping it fairly easy with plans that are easy to change if we're tired.

Day 10, Mon 13th May-
KSC. Will book a tour through one of the operators as we won't have a car.

Day 11, Tue 14th May-
Discovery Cove, will arrive around 8am as non-swim

Day 12, Wed 15th May-
Busch- will be using the free bus. Our fave park from last trip!

Day 13- Thurs 16th May-
SeaWorld in the morning to ride Infinity Falls and probably 3 goes on Manta. Then Aquatica in the afternoon.

Day 14- Fri 17th May-
Clearwater beach day- will book a tour as no car. The tours seem to go on Tues and Fri which is why this is pencilled in for today.

Day 15- Sat 18th May-
Will Uber to DS and use the VH DS check-in. Then Uber (as I don't think the buses will be running?) to a Disney park- dithering between Epcot or MK. Our flight is 7pm ish so we will be able to have a good few hours before taking an Uber to the airport.

So, that's our itinerary so far- what do you think? Is it well thought out? Am I making any glaring mistakes? I have tried to ease us in gently with no full on park days for the first few days.

The second week we can be more free and easy about as there's no FPs or ADRs to contend with. It's the Disney stuff I'm not 100% sure about.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Day 2 - I'd book Boma for 5pm (opening) so you have more of a chance of a window table to watch the animals

Day 5 - What about a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris or are you not fussed about it?

If you don't get a FP for FOP on Day 5 or 8 - could you do FOP Rope Drop on Day 8?

Agree 2nd week will be much more chilled out for you
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Day 2 - I'd book Boma for 5pm (opening) so you have more of a chance of a window table to watch the animals

Day 5 - What about a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris or are you not fussed about it?

If you don't get a FP for FOP on Day 5 or 8 - could you do FOP Rope Drop on Day 8?

Agree 2nd week will be much more chilled out for you
Thank you very much for the feedback! Will definitley do the 5pm Boma reservation.

Also good call on safaris for the 3rd fastpass, not sure how I forgot about that! We could rope drop FOP but I'm hoping with it being a few days in I'll get a decent FP... fingers crossed!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

My experience has been DS on a SAturday night is unbelievably crowded. I love EOS but not waiting an hour in line to order.

It can be hard to walk through the crowds and I find it unenjoyable.

I would do something else or plan a much latter than usual dinner (at a time when little ones will be in bed.)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
My experience has been DS on a SAturday night is unbelievably crowded. I love EOS but not waiting an hour in line to order.

It can be hard to walk through the crowds and I find it unenjoyable.

I would do something else or plan a much latter than usual dinner (at a time when little ones will be in bed.)
Thank you, didn't know it was that bad. I guess we can always just have a QS meal at the hotel instead
Old 8 Oct 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Looks mostly ok to me. Day 3 I’d try to be at MK for rope drop and do SDMT from standby before it’s too busy or change fps and do SM first without FP and FP SDMT before BOG. I didn’t find DS too bad last May but some of the restaurants had long lines. Think we’re going to be neighbours for you first week - I’m at POFQ!
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
Looks mostly ok to me. Day 3 I’d try to be at MK for rope drop and do SDMT from standby before it’s too busy or change fps and do SM first without FP and FP SDMT before BOG. I didn’t find DS too bad last May but some of the restaurants had long lines. Think we’re going to be neighbours for you first week - I’m at POFQ!
Great thank you! Will definitely try to rope drop SDMT. Its not a huge priority ride for us but I would like to do it
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My only tip would be on your arrival have a Plan to eat QS at POR as back up, we often plan for our arrival night and once we've unpacked we're shattered! I don't know if you've stayed at POR before but their QS is amazing, I had the swamp burger at least four times my last trip 😅
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hirtleburger View Post
My only tip would be on your arrival have a Plan to eat QS at POR as back up, we often plan for our arrival night and once we've unpacked we're shattered! I don't know if you've stayed at POR before but their QS is amazing, I had the swamp burger at least four times my last trip 😅
Thank you, no we have never stayed there before! We'll definitley do that if we're too tired. I remember last time I was feeling fine but then ended up almost falling asleep in my dinner lol