Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Oct 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Resale listings with multiple contracts

We’ve recently started to check out some resale listing but we’re very new to this. One that I saw advertised seemed a much lower points cost than anywhere else so I assumed this was because they were selling so many points. When I clicked for further information, under details it states ‘3 contracts’. I’m a bit confused about what this means. I would have assumed that they actually own 3 separate allotments of lower numbers of points, but if this is the case could they have not just advertised them individually at a much higher price? Or does this mean something completely different?
Thanks
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Unfortunately, this was three smaller contracts but by the time we got the answer it was too late. I’m very annoyed with myself now.

I guess in the future I’ll have to offer first and think later! :-)
Old 20 Oct 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I've never sold points but maybe they would have had to pay the agent per transaction so perhaps it worked out better for them to sell as one transaction but since you get more per point for smaller contracts it does seem a bit odd.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

It really does seem odd. It was far cheaper than anything we'd seen, even for larger contracts! We had it all planned out how we could sell some of the points to make it even cheaper and even be able to sell one of the smaller contracts in the future if we wanted. It's a pity I didn't do anything about it. :-) I feel such a fool. I'll have to console myself that at least I was foolish in the right way. It has to be better than a very expensive mistake
I'd love to know if it this one gets taken, but I guess there's no way to find out.
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Each month there is a listing of the contracts that got through and those that were pulled, since you know the resort, points and price you can keep an eye open over the next 2 months listings to see if it appears to satisfy your curiosity!

It obviously wasn't meant to be and your perfect contract is just waiting for you somewhere, good luck.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks very much Bella1! I'm trying to think the same way.

We're currently trying to buy at Beach Club but there is so little movement that it's hard to get a good pattern of what's going on. I'm following two forums for ROFR at the moment, but I don't think I can name them! Neither show any taken contracts in the past year. The last I can see was in May 2017 for $97. No wonder the wait list is so long. :-)
Maybe that's a good thing and I might get through with a really low offer.

I'm currently having a bit of a panic and wondering whether I should slow down and follow things for the next few months, or whether I should just offer on the next one I like the look of because a few dollars a point makes so little difference and they're going up all the time!
Old 26 Oct 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Beach Club is a tiny resort so you will have to wait a bit but I'd grab the first one you see that you like. It is popular so although it may get through ROFR with a low figure you probably wont get a seller willing to take a low offer as they know the contracts are in demand so think carefully as you don't want to lose it because your offer is too low. They won't bother coming back to you and asking for a higher offer if someone else makes a more attractive offer.

Is BC the only resort that you would consider? I presume you have stayed there before?
Old 6 Nov 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve just realised that I never replied. Sorry! We’ve stayed at the Yacht Club and really only wanted this resort. We found the perfect contract but the seller changed their mind. We just signed on our second choice today. It’s a few more points than we were planning but we’re happy with the price. Now the waiting begins.

Edited at 05:55 PM.