Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I used SPB last July. They were very good.

I did the 2 day tour with them, and added on an evening tour, it included a walk round the centre, a trip to some beautiful food markets, a couple of local bars and the most beautiful river cruise with free vodka and juice (not really a booze cruise, more a river cruise with free drinks).

I did the 2 day tour that didn't include lunch, but they took us to reasonable places. Was very good.

I had brilliant weather everywhere except St Petersburg, where we had hail in July..
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
Good idea using a tour company, personally I wouldn't, our tour was 8 hours, if we were late and booked through the cruise line the ship would not sail without us. How did you go a shore with no visa to meet the tour company who organised your visa? Were the tour company a lot cheaper than the cruise line?
Another myth! Cruise ships never guarantee not to sail without you if you book tours through them, they will just guarantee to get you to the next port.

Joa
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
Good idea using a tour company, personally I wouldn't, our tour was 8 hours, if we were late and booked through the cruise line the ship would not sail without us. How did you go a shore with no visa to meet the tour company who organised your visa? Were the tour company a lot cheaper than the cruise line?
We used Alla Tours, they e-mailed our visa documents and tickets in advance and provided an excellent 2-day tour, including meals. Tours were in minibuses, so were quite small groups. We had early admission to the main attractions, bypassing the huge lines.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

We went quite a few years ago in July. We had hot weather for most of the cruise - I seem to remember it was about 32c in SPB. We too had interesting weather in Helsinki - it was fine for most of the time we were on shore but about half an hour before we were due back on the ship, it got very windy. As we sailed away it started raining and the sea was very choppy for an hour or two.

I can't be much help about a tour as we went it alone! This was before they brought in the new visas that you have to go to the Embassy for - we could just send off for one.

For me the highlights / don't miss were Peterhof (we went by Hydrofoil from the jetty outside the Hermitage), the Church on Spilled Blood (make sure you go in - it's just as spectacular inside), St Isaac Cathedral and the Hermitage. We also did an evening canal cruise which gave a different perspective to things.

I am sure you will have a great time whatever you decide to do.
Daisychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List