Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Nov 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you’ve got pregnancy nausea I’d steer well clear. At 7 weeks the restraint won’t be an issue. If they advise not to ride it for other reasons you’d need to seek advice.
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbean View Post
Hi all,
I will be 7 weeks pregnant when we go in a couple of weeks, and as ecstatic as I am about that, I was quite looking forward to riding flight of passage! I know there is an advisory for expectant mothers not to ride this one, but there is a world of difference between 7 weeks and 9 months, so just wondered what those who have ridden it think? I've watched a video online but it's hard to tell just how bumpy it is! Don't want to do anything silly, but also don't want to skip it for no good reason! Not bothered about any of the other rides with advisories, just this one!
Thanks everyone
Christine
Not bothered? Why?

Disney332
Old 30 Nov 18, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Congratulations on your good news and being just 5 weeks pregnant just now, you are ahead of the game from where we were!
We only found out on returning from a Florida holiday, in which we had done every Ride at WDW and Universal, then enjoyed an upgrade on the way home with free drinks and then shared our news when we got home.
That was Jan 2003 and eldest son born in August. He does however have no fear about any rollercoaster or park ride

Flight of Passage is a simulator and does not involve turning you upside down. Possibly best described as a visual impression of movement.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:12 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would say as a mum that it’s your responsibility to make the decisions for yourself and your unborn baby. If there’s an advisory not to ride then it’s there for a reason. It’s hard to miss out on this but this is the beginning of a long period of time where your needs will be last 😂.

We took our 20 month old to the zoo a few months ago and there was a dumbo style ride, it said don’t ride if pregnant so I didn’t. Harmless ride but again, advisory said not to.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You will get thrown about more in the aircraft if you get hit some bad air turbulence, it's a gentle ride IMHO

Edited at 01:31 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
no you dont ride any of the ones that say you cant when your pregnant
ride it another time
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This seems to be the first and last post by the OP - so I suspect our advice was wasted :-(

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations.

It's up to you but think about the travel insurance implications if there is a problem.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scully View Post
This seems to be the first and last post by the OP - so I suspect our advice was wasted :-(
Would be great to get some kinda response from OP on things like this. Loads of advice and opinion and no idea if we're all typing into thin air?

For what it's worth, FOP doesn't move. There is no motion at all. It's all on screens so not much chance of injury etc. Might not be great for motion sickness but as morning sickness is not the same you'd probably be fine.

As others have said...probably more turbulence on the flight to Orlando.

Good luck
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

It 100% does move
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List