Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Dec 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L South African Adventure Oct 2018 - Day 14 - Exploring the West Coast

Day 14

It was our last day in SA . We had had a pretty manic holiday so far but instead of relaxing we decided we wanted to make the most of our last day and drive up the west coast! We could relax once we were home!

We got up at 7.30am, we got ready slowly, had breakfast and then left about 9am.

We drove up to West Coast National Park, the drive was gorgeous.

It was 110RN for us both (about £6).

The park is well known for its tortoises.

This little one was in the middle of the road. I was so worried it was going to get run over I ended up moving it.

The views were gorgeous and we went for a dip in the lagoon and walked along this beach. It was warm again today!

We carried on driving around and then stopped for lunch at the Geelbek Restaurant. Chris had the mussels and I had the cape malay curry. Both were amazing and came to 350RN (just under £20). It was probably much more expensive eating in the restaurant in the park but we were very hungry and thought it would be quite some time before getting to another restaurant.

We stopped for some more photos of the lagoon from the other side.

We continued to Langebaan Beach which was absolutely gorgeous.

Do you like the towel my best friend got me for my birthday.

We headed back and stopped for ice cream on the way back at Big Bay Beach and enjoyed the last views of Table Mountain 🙂

We relaxed in the garden before packing up our stuff.

We wanted to take C&M out for dinner to thank for having us to say. They chose a restaurant nearby called Ons Hussie. We got ready and took some pictures on the balcony.
We first headed down to the beach for our last sundowner 🙁

We got ready and took some pictures on the balcony.

We went down to the restaurant, I ordered the steak and Chris had the hake and calamari. You can bring your own wine with a small corkage charge so C&M had brought some sparkling wine. The bill was around £38.

We had a fair bit of wine and then headed back to the house, we clearly hadn't learned from our wine tasting the other day and continued drinking more wine , we certainly loved SA wine .

We ended up going to bed about 11pm.

Next - day 15

Edited at 10:54 AM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Love the tortoises and the ostrich! Especially the ostrich - how fab to see one just like that!

Food certainly seems cheap in South Africa!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Love the towel! I was going to say the same as Mel - SA seems pretty reasonable pricewise
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List