Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Nov 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Vienna or Copenhagen?

I'll be going back to the UK in February for a few weeks and while I'm there, I want to do a long weekend somewhere in Europe. I've narrowed it down to these two.

What do you think? I've always wanted to visit both. I'm not sure I'd have the time for both, has anyone done that?

I don't know much about traveling inside Europe, I've only ever done single trips.

What is there to see in each city?

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We have been to both places but in different years.

Id suggest Copenhagen as there's lots to see on a short break and Id definitely go back. We went in early December.

We stayed at the Hotel Alexandra which was near Tivoli Gardens and is at the end of Stroget which is the main shopping street. You can walk down Stroget all the way to Nyhavns.

Tivoli Gardens will be open for its winter season between 1st and 24th Feb. Tivoli was one of the places that inspired Walt Disney after he visited - we went in the evening and it was magical all lit for Christmas. It has lots of places to eat and snack and rides.

We did a canal boat trip which we got on at Nyhavns which was very informative and gave our feet a rest as we walked a lot. On the trip we saw the back of the Little Mermaid statue which is much smaller than we expected!

We also went to the top of the Rundetaarn (Round Tower) - this is nearly all a slope inside - there's just a little bit at the top that is a narrow spiral staircase before you come out onto the viewing platform.

Id also recommend visiting Rosenborg Castle - if you time it right you can see the palace guards who march through the streets of Copenhagen between Amalienborg Palace and Rosenborg.

You can even get a train over the bridge to Sweden if you wish!

Hope that helps.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to Vienna a couple of years ago for an overnighter on a weekend trip to Bratislava (it’s only an hour away). I loved Vienna, beautiful city, well worth a visit. DH is a big fan of The Third Man so we visited various associated sites from the film 😁. The coffee shops were amazing, a proper experience The only thing is I found it very expensive to eat out.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Vienna last year, loved it. Really great city with loads to see and do. We picked up the Vienna card which covered loads of attractions and things to do.

Coffee shops are amazing and food was okay price wise, similar to here I thought but could be more dependant on where you ate. It’s a beautiful place.

Off to Copenhagen in June but my sister has been there and loved it but said pricey for eating out.
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

We had the same dilemma and in the end chose Vienna , as so much to do and just looks so beautiful .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm in Vienna at the moment - it's amazing. So much to see and do, especially if you are into art and music. Coffee shops and restaurants everywhere. Prices are not too bad to eat out.
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by orlandobound View Post
I'm in Vienna at the moment - it's amazing. So much to see and do, especially if you are into art and music. Coffee shops and restaurants everywhere. Prices are not too bad to eat out.
We are off to Venice in March think I would like to add Vienna next on the list of places to visit.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Do it! Lots of Christmas markets at the moment but it's been very cold. I think I would like to return in warmer weather.
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been to both and Vienna would win hands down every time, it's just so beautiful!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List