Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Time to leave for MCO?

Is it still possible to check in at DSprings with Virgin? and if so what time would you then get magical Express to mco for 6pm flight? wondering whether to hold out for 9pm one to get a full day

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yes you can still check in at DS with virgin however I don’t believe you get a choice on what time the ME collects you. It’s 4 hours before your flight and I don’t think it can be changed.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

They will pick you up at whatever time you request, but of course they won't take responsibility if you are delayed. Remember that the bus may have to make several calls at other hotels before it departs for the airport, so you have to be careful judging how fine to cut it.

To answer the question, yes you can checkin (for Virgin) at disney springs, and this will mean you can afford to arrive at the airport later. We've considered this option several times in the past but always conclude that it isn't worth the hassle.

Our last morning routine is to make use of the scales at the hotel airline checkin. This gives us an idea of how close we are to weight limits for any last minute purchases. We then put the bags in the luggage room, and go to a last morning park. Come back, collect bags and sit in the lobby waiting for magical express. One year when the departure time meant it wasn't worth getting out to a park, we got ready and sat in the lobby, there was a Rep sat there in case of customers, and we were sat waiting. It was pre smart devices, so we made each others wait time bearable by having a good natter.
Old 7 Dec 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

That's our experience - you get given a time slot that the ME will pick up at your hotel.They dont just pass through on the off chance someone is waiting so make sure you are ready and waiting at the time they specify.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You definitely can't change your pick up time as I tried last year when our return flight was delayed and it was a deffinate no.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Im sure from what ove read Disney Springs check in isnt really any use to disney guests as they cannot take luggage on the busses on the magical express.

If you were going to uber then yeah but there is still the wasted time on the magical express later when it picks you up early.

We stay offsite and love the disney springs check in.
Old 9 Dec 18, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

We must have been lucky when we went this September. We stayed at All Star Music and asked at the front of the hotel [by the luggage room] if we could get an earlier bus to the airport. The person we asked said he would ask the driver of the next Magical Express if we could go to the airport early, the driver let us on without any problems and there were 8 of us. I suppose it's the luck of the draw as to whether there's enough room or not.
Old 9 Dec 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all xx

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been on an earlier bus quite a number of times, We like to have a meal at the airport before boarding. I also hate hanging around waiting to come home.