Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You are the planning queen Abby, I have never once thought about strategic seating on the bus for a sharp exit as we do tend to go for the seats at the back too. However I doubt quick exit seats on the bus would ever help us as no matter what we always end up in the tapstile that looks like it’s moving quickly only to become the slowest because we have decided to use it😬
We enjoyed the Navi river, it’s not worth a long wait but I would like to do it again-not that I would waste a FP or anytime in a queue so I wonder if we’ll ever do it again...
FOP was amazing, we were lucky to have a few FP for this and I’m so pleased we did, every time we went on we loved it, I actually would like to stand in the queue to experience it all-obviously I would take food in to eat so I was multitasking😆
Shame the journey home wasn’t as speedy as your meal in Ohana!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
You are the planning queen Abby, I have never once thought about strategic seating on the bus for a sharp exit as we do tend to go for the seats at the back too. However I doubt quick exit seats on the bus would ever help us as no matter what we always end up in the tapstile that looks like it’s moving quickly only to become the slowest because we have decided to use it😬
We enjoyed the Navi river, it’s not worth a long wait but I would like to do it again-not that I would waste a FP or anytime in a queue so I wonder if we’ll ever do it again...
FOP was amazing, we were lucky to have a few FP for this and I’m so pleased we did, every time we went on we loved it, I actually would like to stand in the queue to experience it all-obviously I would take food in to eat so I was multitasking😆
Shame the journey home wasn’t as speedy as your meal in Ohana!
Some would say slightly obsessive and I doubt any of my family would think of me as a queen! Maybe the red queen from Alice in wonderland as I'm quite mean to them and force them out of bed to go along with me!

I know what you mean about picking the wrong queue, it does always feel like you pick the wrong bag check line or the wrong tapstile, you're not the only one there!

I've read that the stand by line for FOP is supposed to be great and we've never seen it, but given that I know we'd have arguments if I made them get in a line that takes longer than 30 minutes I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. I try never to get in standby when there is a long wait as we inevitably end up not enjoying the ride as much as we should. Good idea to try the idea of multi tasking! Maybe I should grab a cocktail or two to keep me entertained, although I suppose that would only be 10 minutes

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

You got loads of rides done at AK, shame about lion king, wonder what happened there!
Another great day
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
You got loads of rides done at AK, shame about lion king, wonder what happened there!
Another great day
It was a bit weird but we suddenly sort of realised the stage wasn't coming out like normal. The dancers were out and they were singing the first song, but nothing else was moving. I guess it was the ever vague technical difficulties. It was a great day though!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Looks like you had a great day.

Glad to see that Satuli canteen was enjoyed by yourselves, we do love it a lot.

You got some great photopass pictures.

Shame that O'hana was so rushed as the food looks delicious. A must do for us next time as we only ate there for breakfast, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Looks like you had a great day.

Glad to see that Satuli canteen was enjoyed by yourselves, we do love it a lot.

You got some great photopass pictures.

Shame that O'hana was so rushed as the food looks delicious. A must do for us next time as we only ate there for breakfast, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Animal Kingdom put up a really good fight for best park of the trip this summer! I don't recall us having a poor, or even mediocre, meal there. The rides and theming were brilliant and it seemed to be just so much more laid back around the park...probably as everyone else was in Pandora!

Old 6 Dec 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic day Abby. Isn't FoP amazing? Its hands down my new favourite ride!
I'm cracking up, you and Dave do look slightly merry in that photo . Love your photos from AK, its definitely my number 1 park.
How lovely to have the swimming pool to yourself, really is a quiet pool!
Such a shame about Ohana's though. The food looks great but I hate being rushed whilst eating, especially at what they charge!
Overall a really lovely day

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a fantastic day Abby. Isn't FoP amazing? Its hands down my new favourite ride!
I'm cracking up, you and Dave do look slightly merry in that photo . Love your photos from AK, its definitely my number 1 park.
How lovely to have the swimming pool to yourself, really is a quiet pool!
Such a shame about Ohana's though. The food looks great but I hate being rushed whilst eating, especially at what they charge!
Overall a really lovely day
FOP was amazing, we all loved it and it helped to make AK just an awesome park for us this summer. It was Dave and Kate's number 1 park this year. I'm still in love with MK though.

I always feel the need to congratulate myself when I've got off Everest as I'm clinging on for dear life the whole way round. I think the celebration cocktail was a must do, normally I come off Everest and need a bit of a sit down! But this year I was pretty much alright.

I've got over 'Ohana now, I think it's just that I'd hoped to have a leisurely meal as we weren't going to a park after dinner. I guess a lot of people would have been really pleased to have got through dinner so quickly.

Old 11 Dec 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

What a great day! It's been fun to read along knowing that our clan was there at the same time. We had a great time at Animal Kingdom too. Well done on the ride count. You nailed the PF/EMH combo by the sounds of things!

I have to agree with you on the Sutil Canteen cocktail. Mrs McFluff thought it might have been a blue WDK with a couple of grapes on top. It was a bit of a dissapointment after some of the brilliant cocktails we'd been served elsewhere. The DDP meant that we were often having 2 cocktails per day by the time we'd had dinner...Happy days!

I think the young McFluffs may have crept into your pool photo's at Turtle Pond. Not completely sure but it looks like my two on the sun lounges in background.

The bus ride home can be challenging if the kids are tired and the traffic is heavy. You did well to get the boat from Disney Springs, we found ourselves herding zombie children home a couple of times this year.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie. It's been a great read so far and I know how much effort it is to get the thing written and uploaded. It's a labour of love but it's worth it to record the holiday for years to come. I like to think that the kids will be able to read these reports in years to come and remember the great times we have in WDW.

Off to read the next instalment.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
What a great day! It's been fun to read along knowing that our clan was there at the same time. We had a great time at Animal Kingdom too. Well done on the ride count. You nailed the PF/EMH combo by the sounds of things!

I have to agree with you on the Sutil Canteen cocktail. Mrs McFluff thought it might have been a blue WDK with a couple of grapes on top. It was a bit of a dissapointment after some of the brilliant cocktails we'd been served elsewhere. The DDP meant that we were often having 2 cocktails per day by the time we'd had dinner...Happy days!

I think the young McFluffs may have crept into your pool photo's at Turtle Pond. Not completely sure but it looks like my two on the sun lounges in background.

The bus ride home can be challenging if the kids are tired and the traffic is heavy. You did well to get the boat from Disney Springs, we found ourselves herding zombie children home a couple of times this year.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie. It's been a great read so far and I know how much effort it is to get the thing written and uploaded. It's a labour of love but it's worth it to record the holiday for years to come. I like to think that the kids will be able to read these reports in years to come and remember the great times we have in WDW.

Off to read the next instalment.
I always like reading trip reports when we were out there too... I find myself searching the background of the photos to see if I can spot us. I never have though. I'm sorry as I don't want to disappoint you but we didn't go to the Turtle Pond quiet pool. Those photos were from the South Point Pool and the only other pool we went to at OKW was the main pool, unless you wandered over to our pool?

I was rather enjoying the cocktails today (not the yucky blue one - I liked your description of it or Mrs McFluff's she's spot on).

I'm enjoying writing the report. I've got them all saved too, hopefully when I'm old and grey (or older and greyer) I will read them and maybe the kids will too. You are right it's a labour of love. I'm hoping to get a good chunk written over the Christmas holidays as I'm only 1 day ahead in the writing. Then I just have to load up the photos and post them.