Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Dec 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Another great day. We were pretty underwhelmed by Na'vi River Journey and I now can't work out how we never did the Nemo show.

Planet Hollywood looks good too.
Nemo show is a must do for us every time, we love it. Prefer it to Lion King Show which we didn’t do this year as we saw it last time, we liked it but not as much as Nemo 😀

We felt the same about Na’vi, definitely wouldn’t queue long for it and wouldn’t use a fast pass for it again either.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

A great day at AK! The food at flame tree BBQ looks delicious as did your food at PH! & that milkshake too!

I've seen bits of Avator but not really sat down to watch the whole film and it blew me away too! Navi River Journey is definitely not worth the ques it gets, I guess when it isn't the 'new' thing they will go right down.

POFQ looks like a lovely resort looking forward to seeing more pictures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
A great day at AK! The food at flame tree BBQ looks delicious as did your food at PH! & that milkshake too!

I've seen bits of Avator but not really sat down to watch the whole film and it blew me away too! Navi River Journey is definitely not worth the ques it gets, I guess when it isn't the 'new' thing they will go right down.

POFQ looks like a lovely resort looking forward to seeing more pictures
We ate so much good food on the holiday 😀 . It was really nice that Georgia managed to have tasty drinks too such as fancy milkshakes and non-alcoholic cocktails or unfizzy flavoured lemonades as she finds options for drinking out very limited usually.

Whilst Na’vi was pretty, it just seemed to have something missing for us. I agree the queues will soon be shorter for this as the newness wears off.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love Finding Nemo The Musical too, and completely agree that the songs are Broadway quality. You seemed to fit in a lot today, I was underwhelmed with Na'vi River Journey too, I do think it would be better if it had a story.

I can appreciate why you didn’t feel like Planet Hollywood was a great choice when you are still struggling with jet lag, I try to avoid TS ADRs for the first couple of nights as I’m usually falling asleep at the table. I’m glad you enjoyed the food though!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love Finding Nemo The Musical too, and completely agree that the songs are Broadway quality. You seemed to fit in a lot today, I was underwhelmed with Na'vi River Journey too, I do think it would be better if it had a story.

I can appreciate why you didn’t feel like Planet Hollywood was a great choice when you are still struggling with jet lag, I try to avoid TS ADRs for the first couple of nights as I’m usually falling asleep at the table. I’m glad you enjoyed the food though!
We did fit in a lot in the first few days, I think we eventually did slow the pace a little and take some more rest time as the holiday went on.

This was our first time on the dining plan so we hadn't considered the tiredness on the first few evenings. I agree that evening ADR's are better later in the holiday. We could feel the tiredness taking over as soon as we sat down in PH for the meal. We did really enjoy the food though, so definitely one we will return to.
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

I agree with Georgia about the tamarins. When people automatically call any primates monkeys, it boils my blood!

I think I might add planet Hollywood to our list of restaurants after your review. It sounds like it has a great atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your trippie ☺
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I agree with Georgia about the tamarins. When people automatically call any primates monkeys, it boils my blood!

I think I might add planet Hollywood to our list of restaurants after your review. It sounds like it has a great atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your trippie ☺
I’m glad it’s not just Georgia then 😀 Even when she was very little and couldn’t read herself, she wanted to know the exact names of animals and would make me read all the information boards to her 😀

Planet Hollywood had a fun atmosphere with music playing and great food.

We have posted Day 3 and 4 now, hope you enjoy the rest of the report and it helps you plan your trip in 2020 😀
Old 2 Feb 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Such a lovely day at Animal Kingdom. The food at Flame Tree BBQ looks good, just the kind of thing I would choose.

I've never done any of the trails, it sounds like a good way to see more of the park rather than just going around the rides.

We've never had a good experience at Planet Hollywood so tend to avoid it, but I have to say that your food looks very good. Shame you couldn't fully enjoy it due to jet lag and Georgia having a headache, but a great day overall.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Such a lovely day at Animal Kingdom. The food at Flame Tree BBQ looks good, just the kind of thing I would choose.

I've never done any of the trails, it sounds like a good way to see more of the park rather than just going around the rides.

We've never had a good experience at Planet Hollywood so tend to avoid it, but I have to say that your food looks very good. Shame you couldn't fully enjoy it due to jet lag and Georgia having a headache, but a great day overall.
Flame Tree was our favourite qs restaurant of the trip, delicious food and lovely area to sit too.

The trails are nice, and quite an ‘unDisney’ part of the parks in many ways. Georgia loves animals so we really enjoy them.

My salad was delicious, so were the desserts at Planet Hollywood and I’m pretty sure Rob would enjoy the food and atmosphere here too, so we will definitely try it again on another trip. The jet lag really caught up with us that evening though as we had planned to look around the shops at DS more but we barely managed it.