Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Dec 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
So happy to see this post we are going in may and I'm vegan! From what I can tell there are more options added all the time. Caseys corner in MK does a vegan hot dog now, there's a vegan burger at epcot, vegan options at AK and the new toy story eatery does an option as well. Glad to hear about universal and blizzard beach offering something as well! Also dole whips are vegan :-) off site I think most of the chains are starting to put more options on as they are here but usually they are willing to accommodate. I think by the time we go it'll be even more mainstream and will only get easier! Can't wait!
dole whips dairy free yippee thank u, I never realised..I've had to go dairy free as well as gluten free for health reasons so am excited to hear this, have been struggling to find options that are both.Although Disney does seem to offer some good options if you are either / or!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Chef TJ made me a seven course feast, at Trails End. It was absolutely delicious.

He’s supposed to be moving to Cape May, in January.
He is

mostly over Cape may now, sometimes pops to TE, but they have a standard vegan menu now, his Samosa's, Tofu dish and cookies and ice cream

will be interesting to see what he does at cape may, a fish place ? ? ?
Old 24 Dec 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bobbo's
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Onsite dining will be absolutely fine. As previously mentioned Chef TJ is amazing!

I always say I'm vegan in Orlando (I'm vegetarian) as I find they don't understand about rennet.

Unfortunately, lots of places use the same oil to cook their veggie/vegan options as their fish/meat options. We had issue after issue on our last visit all at off site places. Sweet Tomatoes is the best by far.

To be honest one night I wanted a change from Sweet Tomatoes and drove down the 192. Not one place we visited would guarantee a vegan or even veggie dish that wasn't contaminated. I asked at five different restaurants. We ended up at Target and bought loads of tasty vegan alternatives for a fraction of restaurant prices.
Old 24 Dec 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Bobbo's View Post
To be honest one night I wanted a change from Sweet Tomatoes and drove down the 192. Not one place we visited would guarantee a vegan or even veggie dish that wasn't contaminated. I asked at five different restaurants. We ended up at Target and bought loads of tasty vegan alternatives for a fraction of restaurant prices.
to be fair its the same home, if you ask about cross contamination you always get the same answer, we cannot guarantee it

Target had loads of nice Vegan stuff, we ate in 3 times due to it
Old 24 Dec 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Just wondering is it possible to get to Target (or other large supermarkets that would stock vegan snacks) without a car? We are staying at rosen Inn pointe Orlando could anyone let me know if there somewhere withing walking distance? Thank you!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
Just wondering is it possible to get to Target (or other large supermarkets that would stock vegan snacks) without a car? We are staying at rosen Inn pointe Orlando could anyone let me know if there somewhere withing walking distance? Thank you!
A Massive Walmart just across the road over the I4 ( our fav one in the area )

Its not walkable though i wouldnt think, maybe a Cab / Uber / Lyft, it wouldnt cost much