Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Feb 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Mel - bless you. I think we all understand the turmoil of emotions you experienced on this day. Memories are powerful things. But you were in a place that brings joys and smiles and I'm sure these will come through on the next day. You took a big step and we all want to be there with you.
Looking forward to your next day.
Couldn't agree with this more.
You did brilliant on your 1st day!
When I returned to WDW for the first time after my break up (with my parents) - I often disappeared to the loo just to let the tears flow for a few mins. It helped to get it out of my system, but as the days went on I found it easier and easier and realised I can and do still love Disney without him. Then I was determined to return again solo.

I honestly think you're amazing for being ballsy enough to take this trip. I totally understand how hard it is. The old memories will never leave you but you can make a million new memories of your own, start new traditions and do exactly what YOU want to do.

Looking forward to your next day. xx
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done for getting through your first day, really enjoying your trip report.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh gosh I had a lump in my throat reading this, I'm glad you managed to get through your first day and enjoy it.

Looking forward to your next day
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
That was a massive emotional hurdle but you've now been there and done it - onwards and upwards from now on
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great to hear from someone who's making the most of life.

Well done you!

Looking forward to the next chapter. X
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Your amazing Mel. So brave. You've had me tearing up.
The walk of shame with a suitcase full of alcohol lol. The shame

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Genuinely had to fight the tears this morning reading this at breakfast, you are one amazing lady Mel, sending you all the love and hugs

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Hi Mel
I am really enjoying your TR
We met briefly at the GDO last year and I'm going again this year so hope to chat with you some more!
I completely understand how emotional this must have been and I honestly think, now you've done a solo trip once, it'll be even easier next time
I've traveled solo many times, including Disney Cruises, Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris and when you get in the flow of a solo trip, they are so much fun!
In fact, I've just booked a solo trip to DLP for September which is why I popped on here to read trippies
Looking forward to reading along!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, what an emotional day. But you survived it and had some fun too, so well done you. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Old 9 Feb 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoying your trip report, thanks for writing and sharing. I think you are really brave and things can only get better from here - you are amazing not to let something be ruined by past memories. Onwards and upwards :-) xxx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List