Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 10 Oct 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

You guys are great - I know I have a mountain to climb (it feels like that) but just admitting it and talking to you has helped - It's not an easy subject to broach or discuss even with friends or family.

I am going to join a dance class or zumba - I love dancing and it is something I haven't done for years. Hopefully all those natural endorphins will help.

I am not going to shy away from medication - I want to get better and if that helps me in the process I will take it. I have also been on the MIND website today - they have some useful information.

Thanks again xx
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This thread is really timely for me so thank you.
Ive come to realise over the last few days that my depression has reared its ugly head again and that my anxiety has got worse and I need to see a GP.
The other night in bed I was so worked up over having a miserable day that I had the worst panic/ anxiety attack Ive ever had. I couldnt breath properly for nearly an hour, my heart was racing and it was really frightening
I didnt wake dh as he just doesnt understand , he tries but I think if you dont have any experience with this kind of thing then its just hard to get your head round .
Sending positive thoughts to fellow sufferers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great post, its a good way to let others know they are not alone.

Im another Dibber that suffers with mental health issues, I used to suffer from terrible anxiety and at no point did I ever think I was depressed however my doctor thought differently and prescribed anti-depressants and over the last year I have got better and better.

I was so shocked about the depression diagnosis as I have such a good life, a wonderful husband, 2 healthy children, a good job etc so what did I have to be depressed about?

I have also had CBT sessions which really helped and has shown me how to challenge my thoughts into what is a rational or irrational worry. Mindfullness also helps me.

Plenty of exercise and a good diet are also contributors to making me feel better.
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
Oh, dear, so sorry you are all going through this. Yes, you are right to seek further investigations with DD displaying various behaviours that you are not comfortable with. And, yes, agree with you, anxiety can originate from a traumatic experience, and/or when one has felt vulnerable.

You sound like a very supportive Mum, who knows her child very well. Best wishes to all of you.
Thank you so much, been sat at work in tears feeling like a failure as I've not done anything about it before
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have anxiety and wasnt taking my tablets regularly because I felt ok, its come back and I keep feeling sick. Going to take them and stick with them, my son has times where he also has anxiety after finishing uni and leaving his friends. He hates change, he is working part time now and at last he is settling down. Anxiety is the worst feeling in the world and you cant run away from yourself!
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tray22 View Post
You guys are great - I know I have a mountain to climb (it feels like that) but just admitting it and talking to you has helped - It's not an easy subject to broach or discuss even with friends or family.

I am going to join a dance class or zumba - I love dancing and it is something I haven't done for years. Hopefully all those natural endorphins will help.

I am not going to shy away from medication - I want to get better and if that helps me in the process I will take it. I have also been on the MIND website today - they have some useful information.

Thanks again xx
Sounds good! Good luck and please keep us updated in how you're getting on! xx
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
This thread is really timely for me so thank you.
Ive come to realise over the last few days that my depression has reared its ugly head again and that my anxiety has got worse and I need to see a GP.
The other night in bed I was so worked up over having a miserable day that I had the worst panic/ anxiety attack Ive ever had. I couldnt breath properly for nearly an hour, my heart was racing and it was really frightening
I didnt wake dh as he just doesnt understand , he tries but I think if you dont have any experience with this kind of thing then its just hard to get your head round .
Sending positive thoughts to fellow sufferers
That sounds awful, I wish I could give you a hug!

Have you thought about going to counselling and asking your husband to sit in the sessions. It might be an idea as the counsellor/therapist will be able to guide your husbna din how better to support you and your husband will be able to understand everything that you're going through better.
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
That sounds awful, I wish I could give you a hug!

Have you thought about going to counselling and asking your husband to sit in the sessions. It might be an idea as the counsellor/therapist will be able to guide your husbna din how better to support you and your husband will be able to understand everything that you're going through better.
Ah thank you .
I did mention to him last night that I felt I was slipping and I thought I needed to ask for help from the gp and he was very supportive . He knows I dont like talking about it much so he didnt push . This morning though he text and said he would come with me if I wanted him to which was very sweet of him, hes definitely better than he was so Im grateful but its a really good idea so thank you for the suggestion x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Doowop View Post
Thank you so much, been sat at work in tears feeling like a failure as I've not done anything about it before
Oh, no! That made me feel sad. Of course you're not a failure - but I know what you mean, when we feel we haven't been able to help our children enough. We know how it is with our children, we don't want to dive on any change in behaviour in case it passes - which it sometimes does.

New day, Doowop, this thread is timely, take support from it, then plan your next course of action. Sending you and your daughter (((hugs))).
And, be kind to yourself; I can tell that you and your family are trying your best to help your child - she is loved, and with expert help will overcome.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have anxiety and wasnt taking my tablets regularly because I felt ok, its come back and I keep feeling sick. Going to take them and stick with them, my son has times where he also has anxiety after finishing uni and leaving his friends. He hates change, he is working part time now and at last he is settling down. Anxiety is the worst feeling in the world and you cant run away from yourself!
Tablets can be the best thing in the world to take that edge off, I really hope that you feel better soon and I hope that your son does too!